Chapter 25

{Enjoy a random 12am update since I can't fall asleep even though I have work in the morning. If anyone has any ideas for this story please comment or direct message them to me. I have writers block and might just skip to the baby being born}

I wake up and Rowan isn't in my arms, where she feel asleep last night. I decide to head downstairs. Maybe she just like woke up early or something.

"Good morning" My mom says.

"Good morning" I say back and sit at the island.

Rowan, Ben and Auggie were no where to be found.

"Where is everyone?" I ask.

"They went over to Ben's parents for breakfast" She says.

"Why didn't we go?" I ask.

"You were still sleeping and I didn't want to wake up" She says. "I also thought since the baby is coming so soon we could go on a little mom/daughter day since you won't be an only child for very much longer" She adds.

"I haven't been an only child for the past 8 months. Plus I'll still be an only child on dads side" I say.

"That is true" She says.

"What would we do?" I ask.

"I was thinking mani/pedis and then lunch" She says.

"It sounds perfect" I say.

My mom and I eat breakfast together. Nothing special, it was only cereal.

We get dressed and ready then head to the nail salon.

"Are you and Rowan getting along ok with sharing a room? Neither of you have shared a room before" my mom asks while driving.

"It's been good. We're both comfortable enough with each other that it isn't awkward" I say.

We're also comfortable enough to share a bed.

"That's good to hear. I would have killed to live with my best friend when I was your age" she says

"You were definitely missing out" I say.

We get to the nail salon and pick our colors. I chose dark blue for my fingers and then a lavender for my toes. My mom chose baby blue for her fingers and toes for the baby. Everything she has been doing nowadays is for the baby.

"So now that Corey is gone have you been talking to or seeing anyone?" My mom asks as we are getting our toes painted.

She is so trying to get information about Rowan and I out of me.

"Not really. I've just been busy with school and friends that I can't see throwing a relationship into the mix" I say.

"Fair enough" She says. "What about Rowan." She asks.

"She was talking to that girl Charlotte at the beginning of the school year. They don't talk anymore. I'm not really sure why" I say.

Ew Charlotte.

"Did Rowan like her?" She asks.

"I know she like liked Rowan. I think Rowan just liked her as a friend" I say.

"Some people are just better off as friends" My mom says.

She's definitely hinting at something.

"That is true" I say. "Now, what about Auggie. Him and Ava definitely have something going on" I say.

"They're kids. It's cute. Don't tease him about it." My mom says.

"I won't. I think it's cute too" I say.

"They'll get married someday" My mom says.

"When are you and Ben getting married?" I ask.

"Sometime after the baby is born. We're having a long engagement. I'm not really trying to plan a wedding while pregnant or after we have a new born." She says.

"When do you plan on going back to school?" I ask.

"In September when school starts back up after summer. My substitute says my students miss me" She says.

"That's cute" I say.

One they finished our toes we went to get our finger nails painted.

"Any other life updates you have? How are you doing in school? Are you excited for the last day?" She asks.

"Life is basically just wake up, go to school, come home, do whatever and then go back to bed. I'm doing decent in school. I have all B's and I can't wait for the last day." I say.

"All good to hear" My mom says.

*  *  *

Rowan and I are getting ready for bed. She is currently in the bathroom brushing her teeth.

"How was your day with your mom?" She asks when she walks in.

"It was good. We got mani/pedis and went out to lunch" I say. She sat with me on my bed.

"That sounds like fun. I wish I came." She says.

"Why? You didn't have fun with your dad and Auggie"

"It was just my dad. Auggie was at my grandparents" She says.

"My mom told me it was all three of you" I say.

"Nope" She says. "Did she try to get information out of you or say anything about us?" She asks

"Yes but in a very subtle way. She asked me if we were talking to anyone and then told me some people are just better off as friends at one point" I say.

"Wow better then my dad did. He mad it so not subtle. He asked me who I was talking to and I said no one and then he kept asking and told me he knew what I am like when I am crushing on someone" She says.

"Oh so this is only a crush" I say.

"Most definitely not. I think I'm in love with you" She says.

"We'll that's dangerous" I say and pause for a second. She got nervous. "But I think I'm in love with you too" I say.

She got all red. I gave her a little peck on the lips.

After a few moments of silence she spoke. "You're not wrong though. Love can be dangerous sometimes and this love can't last forever" She says.

"I know. But we live in the moment remember. We'll worry about the future when it is here" I say

"Ok" She says.

I give her one more peck on the lips and then we both lay down and I cuddle into her.

"I love you" I say

She gives me a kiss on the top of my head. "I love you more" She says.