Chapter 31

{second to last chapter final chapter will be posted Sunday}

It's been two days since their fight. It's been a lot worse then I thought. I figured it would blow over by morning but it hasn't. They're both giving each other the silent treatment. If they have been talking I haven't heard it.

Auggie has been catching on. He asked Rowan about it yesterday and said they were acting weird. My mom has been normal towards Rowan and Auggie, just because they're his kids doesn't mean she is going to treat them differently.

Rowan and I have been avoiding the rest of house. It's just awkward being around either one of them. The only downside is with them not talking to each other they are coming in to talk to us a lot more. Rowan and I tried to have a movie night last night and my mom totally crashed it.

"Rowan. Sabrina. Can't you come down here for a second" Ben yells up the stairs.

"Coming" I yell back.

"What do you think this is about?" She asks.

"I have no idea" I say and we head downstairs.

"We need to talk to you" My mom says as we're at the bottom of the stairs. They were both sitting on the coffee table in front of the couch. That was out sign to sit on the couch.

"Danielle and I are going on a break" Ben says.

"Wait what?" Rowan stands up.

"It's just for a little while. We can't balance our relationship and the stress of a newborn" My mom says. Rowan sits back down.

"She can't balance the relationship and the newborn" He corrects her.

"Shut up Ben" My mom says. This isn't going to end well.

"Now about the two of you." My mom starts. "We know about your little fling"

"Wait how do you know?" I ask.

"It was obvious" Ben says.

"Well we were exactly always sleeping when you talked about it in our room" Rowan says.

"That's ok." My mom says. "It's ok for you two to date. You're not biologically or legally related in any sense. Enjoy this break and just be yourselves. It's ok" My mom says.

"Wait really" I say. I swear I could cry right now.

"Yes but there is one little thing" Ben says. This isn't going to be good. "We are going to grandma and grandpas for a little while" He says to Rowan.

"What? No. I don't want to leave" Rowan says.

"No we can't go to grandma and grandpas. You moved us all the way here you can't just move us out" Auggie says from the bottom of the stairs. He was sobbing. No one even noticed he came down.

"You two are welcome here anytime. Just say the word and Sabrina or I will come get you" My mom says.

Auggie sits next to Rowan and hugs her. "No we moved here so we could all be a family so you can't just stop that now" He says.

"We technically moved here to be closer to Ocean" Ben says.

I went upstairs after that. Rowan stayed to be with Auggie.

This is so messed up but I am so happy about this. Rowan and I can officially be girlfriend and girlfriend not secretly.