Outcast

( A/N I know the video is in Spanish, but the music video wouldn't work.)

Nat's P.O.V.

Me and my family were sitting around on the couch when the transmission came.

It started with violins, then a rough staticky voice just barely came through.

"We expect the battle for humanity is about to begin.

Within each uprising, a vague sense of safety will ignite in you an unseen shadow of doubt toward those who protect and defend you.

But the thoughts slip away and remain calm. Stay close to F.E.A.R., only we can protect."

I freaked out inside. What battle? What did he mean those who protect and defend?

What is F.E.A.R.? What uprisings? Why would anyone need to fight them?

Are they good or bad? What's going to happen to us?

Before I could ask any of those questions out loud, the transmitter spoke again.

"a rebel unit has risen. The commanders are the five that call themselves the Black Veil Brides.

You will not trust these people. They are insubordinate traders to humanity.

However, if you decide to join their fleet, know this. F.E.A.R. Will destroy them and anyone who think it wise to fight with them.

This is to be your only warning. Your only hope is in F.E.A.R."

Black veil brides!? Now I have less questions.

They are the thoughts of trust. Black veil brides wouldn't rebel against them unless they were bad.

I have to find them. They're our only hope to surviving this 'battle for humanity'.

I quickly spoke before josh did. Josh is my little seven year old brother, and, like the rest of my family, he doesn't like my music and wears bright colors.

He talked every chance he got. Even when he has nothing to say.

Then he just repeats what he's said a million times before or says something that makes absolutely no sense.

"we have to find the rebels." I say without hesitation.

Everyone, my parents, my older brother, josh and even my two year old little sister, looks at me like I'm crazy.

" ARE YOU INSANE!?" My dad yells at me from where he is now standing. So is everyone else.

Well, if they won't help me, then I'll have to go by myself.

My parents and my brother start yelling at me and asking me questions so Loudly that I'm pretty sure the neighbors can hear.

Which would be really weird considering we live next to a cemetery.

Before they can yell any more, I go upstairs to my room, pull my suitcase out and start to pack up all my stuff.

I'm not even sure how I'll find them, but I can't stay here. I won't fight for F.E.A.R.

When all my stuff is packed, I throw it out the window and brace myself for the drop.

I remember what andy said in an interview once about jumping. Don't sit down first.

So I take the pane out of my window sill and stand on the edge.

There's a flower bed right below my window. That should help.

With sweaty palms, I let go of the sides and let myself fall.

I try to land on my feet, but end up being knocked of my feet by the impact and fall on my butt.

I stand up and brush the dirt off my black skinny jeans, and ignoring the pain, I grab my bag and run.

There was a picture of the rebel base during the transmission. I recognize it as the deserted area on the edge of town.

I run in that direction and leave everything behind. My family won't even notice I'm gone for another few days.

I never fit in here. I don't have any friends, I am the outcast.

I will join the rebel army. I will resist F.E.A.R. Let the war begin.
----------------------------------------------

Hi!! Thanks so much for reading, and I know it's bad, but this is really just sort of a prolouge of nat's life before the war. Also, the picture at the top is what she looks like.