Chapter 5: Citadel by the Sea

When a new path opens, the future is undecided, it will become decided by how you take in the present.

Astra stood tall in the upper deck of the ship she awaits as the land look closer and closer. Beside her was Julliana who looks panicking and seems restless.
"I have to go to my room"

Julliana excused and left hastily without hearing Astra's answer. A sailor approaches Astra, proclaimed his presence and told Astra that they are nearing the ports of the City of Trufels, the gates of foreigners to the great Empire. He asked Astra if he have any questions, Astra was glad to hear that someone wants to tell her something, she is curious to what are the beautiful landmarks this new city can offer. The sight was different from where she came from, ships sailing in and out of the harbours, Astra now asked the sailor what was the Castle they pasted by, the sailor answered her;

"That was the first castle built as a protection for the city of Trufels, now that is just a fortification but only Lord Mort can enter the fortifications along with his selected few"

"That tall tower looming in the horizon is the current head of power in the City of Trufels, which is the Black Citadel; it was built on top of a hill."

The sailor then told Astra that they should be ready as they are now about to moor the ship into the harbour. The ship stopped before the large Drawbridge looming just in front of Astra. She asked why the ship stop;

"The Trufel Draw Bridge needed to be opened so that we can enter the city inner harbour"

"She is an important ship after all, and we need repairs to"

The sailor answered, The Draw Bridge upped its roads which allowed the passing of ships, inside the inner harbour was a bustling marketplace, warehouses and all sorts of ship building, many ships are docked and some are leaving, various scent filled the air and various colours can be seen not afar.

The ship moors in the famous port of City of Trufels, it dropped a wooden plank into the stone dock.  Alongside the newly dock ship were different ships from different kingdoms and empires, different cultures all mixed in harmony in the famous ports of City of Trufels.

Astra stepped out of the wooden planks; she was greeted by more hooded figures. They are carrying a banner and a Carriage is waiting for them at the end of the dock.

"Greetings, you must be the descendant of the great founder of this empire"
A man in a uniform greeted,

He looked with high regard to Astra; he held his head high before bowing with his right hand following his head's action.

"Miss Julliana how is your voyage"

The uniformed man added, Astra looked back into the ship and saw Julliana in a fancy uniform similar to the greeting man's uniform.

"That is why you disappeared before we docked"

Astra exclaimed looking amazed to Julliana's dress. Julliana walks in the wooden plank holding her wooden staff and a bag of documents on the other.

A group of gents then appeared walking down from a fancy carriage, they then walk stupendously towards Julliana and Astra. Julliana greeted them bowing and said;

"Gentlemen this is Astra Lumina, the missing descendant of the great founder."
"Gracious you are beautiful Miss Astra."

One of the gentleman said reaching for Astra's hand.

"Thank you, Mister..."

"Oh Count Reginalt your princess"

Count Reginalt answered, he then backs giving way to teh other gents to greet the princess. Julliana butted in and said;