Prologue

Growing up my father was very abusive . He would get upset over the most trivial things . 

"Sit on the floor and  eat the table is mine !" he would always yell or " You dare to look at me ?" 

I'm guessing he thought he was a God of some sort . My father was the definition of a drunkard . Day and Night it didn't matter as long as he had alcohol he would drink.  . Later on he would take out his frustrations on the rest of us. But I on the other hand ? He would never look my direction. No matter what I did he never raised his voice at me , instead he took it out on the others . In all I have 3 siblings but the one I grew up with was my twin sister . He would bet my mother to the brink of death. She would always take the blame for us , as a means of protection . 

One day when we got home from school ,our father was sprawled on the ground deeply wounded and bloodied . Apparently he got into some problems with loan sharks. Shortly after the police pulled up to our house. They took him into custody for drug dealing and domestic violence . Even as my father was being arrested I didn't feel anything for him . Should I have been grateful? Happy? Sad? I don't know but as long as I could remember. 

I've always been an emotionless shell. 

The way people converse and show happiness . I've always wanted to feel that way.

 Give it to me! 

Give me your happiness !

 Give me your emotions ! 

Overtime  I noticed a shift in myself . I actually found joy in doing something . Though a bit gruesome the task its the only thing that can make me feel . 

Its the only thing .

 That makes me feel human again. 

------

Standing in front of my new school I notice a smile on everyone's face . As I begin to walk forward someone runs into me knocking me down . 

"I'm so sorry , these guys took my phone and I was chasing them down for it. I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings " He said , holding his hand out for me to take. 

"Its no problem" I said taking his hand while grabbing my bag off the ground . Looking up him he was beautiful. He had looks that made even my heart race . I somehow felt connected to him. Looking at him my breathing became ragged and my heart began beating so fast that I  could hardly breathe . 

"I'm Luna , I'm new here . And you are?" 

" Chase Matthews , Nice to meet you Luna" he said smiling a me making my heart race more. 

"See you around Luna " he said running after the guys he was chasing before . Leaving me in a state of shock. For the first time in years someone actually made me feel some sort of emotion! 

"He must be mine , I will make sure that happens no matter the cost ."   

  " Even if I have to kill somebody"