Entry #7

The Beautiful Tragedy
by Jhaell Andaya (aka PhoenixEun)

She looked at herself in the mirror.

Beautiful was the only word that could ever describe her. She had a long curly brown hair, which gave emphasize to her soft features. Her eyes had a rare color. Golden yellow. It was not the usual human eye color. It was a color of a more than human.

She was not a wolf nor a vampire, which were usually read in fiction books. Her extraordinary glowing eyes were non-fictitious. A lot of people thought they were wearing contact lens, well, they were not because they were not mortal.

Yes, they. She was not the only one who suffered the accusing looks of the people, there were many of them. Including her family. They had same gold eyes with almost perfect appearance–based on what she had heard from other students lurking around the locker room–and amazing power.

She could heal any kind of wounds, even it was severe or it could kill the person. She just needed to touch the wound of that person, and that was it. No need to stitch it or put a medication. The person would be healed as if the wound never occurred.

All of them had powers, but unique. No creatures were the same. Some used theirs to fight, while others for defense. She thought that hers was for miscellaneous, yet she was important, especially when there were wars.

She witnessed at least two world wars. However, her looks were hundreds younger than her real age. She almost forgot how old she was. She still looked eighteen or beyond. Who would ever know that she was older than the great grandparents of her classmates in College.

Fairy. That was the human beings called them. Power. Beauty. Ageless. People were scared of fairies because of its curse, but no one knew they were one. However, she had no friends in school, or no one wanted to get near them.

They were always in one group during the school time. She parted with them when the class started for the reason she was the youngest among her siblings. The oldest two were on their senior year, while the other two were junior, then the younger two were sophomores, and she was a freshman.

In addition, she was the only single.

They could not interact with other people without making these humans wary about who they really were. But, their foster parents could do it. She barely used the word ‘foster’, because they were real parents for her. Her father was a professor in the university where they were studying, while her mother was a doctor in the local hospital.

Among her adopted siblings, she had a biological brother, Lucas. On the other hand, Romeo and Ricardo were also blood related to them, but they treated each other, after decades together, as real siblings. She also had sisters, more likely sisters-in-law. Lucas was married three decades ago with Athena. Romeo was the first who got married, the name of his wife was Carol. Ricardo was planning to get married next year to Sarah, but they were already living together.

She was lonely for the first century of her life. Not that lonely, because she had her family. However, she wanted to feel what her siblings felt. Athena always described to her the electricity she would feel when the guy touched her. Or the fireworks in her body when the man kissed her. She imagined that to happen, but it seemed as though no creature wanted to be with her.

After years of waiting, the thing called love came to her, but not with another fairy, instead, she fell in love with a human. A forbidden love. Love should not happen between a fairy and a person, or else, the death of one would be the consequence.

Once they started to fall in love with each other, time would be their best enemy. The person would die months after because of the curse of fairy’s love. But, there was a solution, and she did not know if she would sacrifice her life for him.