Waterfalls

Nicki wiped the tears from her face when she heard her name being.

" Nicki baby! " Her mother, Mama Carol called frantically. Nicki looked up and ran to go hug her mother who was at the door entrance of Nah'Lonnies room.

Nicki reached her mothers arms and broke down crying all over again. Mama Carol pulled Nicki to the nearest chair that was by the entrance and sat her on her lap. She rocked Nicki and kissed her head repeatedly until she calmed down.

" Mommy it's my fault! "

" No it's not baby, no one is at blame here, no one. Were going to get through this just like how we got through everything. With a little bit of strength and a whole lot of prayer baby. Now where's Safaree? "

" He went home to get us some clothes he left like ten minutes before you came, where's Ciah? "

" Went to the house with your father, now I want to see this pretty girl of yours. "Nicki smiled and got up taking Mama Carols hand. She walked over to the bed. There the body laid, hooked up to a breathing machine, feeding tube, and IVs in her arm. Mama Carol rubbed her cheek.

" She looks a lot like you Nika. She's beautiful baby " Mama Carol kissed Nah'Lonnies cheek. " Your gonna be just fine baby girl " She whispered in her ear.

Nicki and Mama Carol sat down for the next hour and just talked.

* An Hour Later *

Safaree, Miciah, and Robert walked in. Nicki stood up and greeted her after and brother. She hugged Safaree and he kissed her forehead. Safaree greeted Mama Carol and they all sat down.

" Is this her Nicki? " Miciah said standing over Nah'Lonnies body. Nicki walked over and placed her hand around his shoulders.

" Yeah Ciah that's your little niece "

" She looks like you, what's her name? "

" Nah'Lonnie " Ciah grabbed Nah'Lonnies hand and gave her dap. Everyone looked at him weird.

" What? " Nicki laughed.

" Why did you do that Ciah? " Mama Carol asked.

" Because that's my best friend, right LoLo? " Eyes met each other and they laughed. " LoLo tell them. " Ciah looked like he was about to get mad of she didn't answer him.

" Ciah please stop " Nicki said through her crackles. Coughing sounds came from the bed and Nah'Lonnies body started to move.

Everything went fast. Doctors rushed in and Nicki's family rushed out.

Four hours later and nothing. Safaree paced the floor, Nicki cried on her mothers shoulders, and Robert and Miciah looked around.

" Maraj Family " They looked up, but this time it was different Dr. Brown and a nurse were together. They walked up to them.

" Okay mom dad, we have good news and we have bad news " Nicki and Safaree looked at each other.

" Um Bad news first " Safaree said.

" Okay well the bad news is that she needs a blood transfusion right away, we could always find her blood type but that could take days and it's better if a family member donates but she needs one like ASAP because she is low on blood. "

" Um what's her blood type? " Nicki asked

" Positive AB "

" Mom who in the family has that? And Safaree's family is not coming till tomorrow " Mama Carol was playing in her hair while thinking.

" I don't know baby "

" Can I try? Can you guys see if I am, and If I am can I donate? " Ciah asked Shyly.

" Uh well young man we would need your moms permission first "

" Moms please ? " Mama Carol smiled and shook her head yes.

" Okay the nurse will need you, mom, to sign documents and young man you come with me. Dr. Brown walked Ciah to a room down the hall where four people were giving blood. A nurse walked in and tested his blood type and then walked out. Ten minutes later she came back.

" Okay your a match, ready to ey started? "

" Yes, but how much blood am I giving? "

" Um about 1 pint " Ciah shrugged.

" Okay " They started the process and was done in ten minutes. " Um do you know how long it would take for my niece to receive the blood in her body? "

" Um the whole donating process is like an hour and a couple minutes, but wait here okay? " The nurse left and came back with refreshments. Ten minutes passed and Miciah walked back out to the waiting room.

" How was it? " Safaree asked.

" It was cool, she said that Lo will be fine so that's all that matters right Nic? "

" Right baby boy " She hugged him an kissed his cheek.

" Nic please stop I'm 14 not 4 " Nicki kissed his cheek.

Two hours later and a nurse came out.

" Your daughter's awake and is asking for you two " No questions asked they followed her to Nah'Lonnies room.

They reached the room.

" Nah'Lonnie? " Safaree called. She turned her head.

" Daddy! " Safaree walked over to her and hugged her.

" Daddy is so sorry baby girl "

" I'm sorry too daddy " Nicki went to get her family. Nah'Lonnie cried in Safaree's chest and he cried with her.

" I love you princess "

" I love you too daddy " Everybody else walked in.

" Nah'Lonnie, this is you grandma Carol, your uncle Miciah, and your grandfather Robert. Uncle Jelani couldn't be here today but he'll be here tomorrow " Nicki introduced them.

" I'm Ciah and just to let you know we're best friends. " Nah'Lonnie laughed. " Oh and your nickname is LoLo "

" Okay um that interesting, I guess we're going to get along " Nah'Lonnie laughed. " Mommy when can I go home? "

" Um.." Nicki was cut off

" In about two days sweetheart " Dr.Brown said. She checked everything to see if it was in good shape.

" Alright everything is good, blood clot is gone but we are going to keep you just incase "

" Um the nurse said it was in the back of my head, now my question is, umm is my hair back there gone? "

" Yes, not a big chunk but we did have to cut off a piece just so we could see "

" Umm okay, okay let me adjust to no hair, okay give me a sec. Mommy call Oscar now! " Nah'Lonnie cried.

" Okay baby hold on " Nicki said trying not to laugh. The doctor walked out. The room was filled with nothing but laughter on both ends.

__________________________
You guys are amazing 😍😚. Thank You for reading.