The Greedy Grimoire #4

Theo gulped unknowingly.

It was because the sound of Gluttony calling him, seemingly from the depths of an abyss, had caused him to stiffen.

He loosened up his rigid neck.

Theo had to say something, but his lips wouldn’t open.

Fortunately, the voice was there to remind him.

[The greedy grimoire, Gluttony, has filled its hunger. Gluttony’s intelligence has been restored temporarily. It is willing to repay the owner who filled its stomach.]

[Gluttony’s current state is incomplete. Please provide it plenty of food in the future to restore its performance. Gluttony will fall into a deep sleep except when asking for food. It will answer one question immediately after it feels full. The wisdom of the old grimoire, Gluttony, is truly vast.]

[Please ask your question before Gluttony goes to sleep.]

The explanation was verbose, but the conclusion was simple.

One question and answer…

It meant he would receive one answer to one question.

According to the description from the strange voice, Gluttony was a very ancient grimoire.

It must of spent years swallowing books, so the knowledge it had would be enormous. Even if it had only eaten one book a day, that would be over 300 books in a year. If all the books were related to magic, then the value truly couldn’t be measured.

For magicians seeking endless wisdom, the value of this conversation might be greater than the heart of a dragon.

‘What question should I ask?’

He didn’t have much time to worry about it.

This little guy only opened its eyes for a moment because it was hungry, but it would soon fall into a deep sleep again.

Theo didn’t know how long it would take, but he knew it wouldn’t be long.

What should be asked and what answers would be sought?

Theo looked within himself.

‘I have to ask something that will help me now.’

To Theo, who had just become a 2nd Circle master, the knowledge of ancient magic was meaningless. Questions about hidden treasures and the ability to find them were separate things.

There was an old tale which told how being overly greedy would invite disaster.

Theo wasn’t going to be an idiot like them.

If so, the questions he could ask now were fixed.

“I will ask a question.”

Gluttony responded briefly, -What, I wonder?

The voice was still creepy, but he could withstand it better the second time compared to the first. Theo still couldn’t stop the creepy feeling from running down his spine, but he managed to open his mouth somehow.

“Gluttony, I want to ask for information about you. Let me know what type of grimoire you are.”

There was silence for a moment.

Was it an unexpected question?

Theo didn’t know.

He just felt that the voice became clearer.

Theo frowned at the words.

The grimoire couldn’t convey it in language? It was the same as saying it couldn’t answer the question, and the reason was because Theo’s insight was narrow and poor.