a tinge of hope

The vocalist nods. "Kaji~san, Haruki~san... and Ritsuka~kun... they're very good people. They're important to me, and I know they won't view me differently just for knowing this other side of me. I'm still the same Sato~kun to everyone."

────── ⋆⋅ Ω ⋅⋆ ──────

If anything could describe Ritsuka's state, it was hell. Felt like it too.

Who knew that first heats were so irritating to the point where the only thing that lingered in his mind was pleasure? Well, that was one of the few things that omegas naturally think of during every heat. But this was about Ritsuka.

The next few days eventually passed by, leaving the teen in a fucked out mood after every wave.

Yayoi's blanket and Mafuyu's sweater were the game changers each time. Especially the sweater. Ritsuka couldn't get through his heat without it, even if he tried. He attempted to go through the second wave with just the blanket, wanting to conserve the alpha's scent for future use. But his omega instincts and ambitions couldn't leave the extraordinary aroma of his boyfriend alone. Ritsuka was addicted, and there was no mistake about it if he already proved it to himself.

Additionally, a fever spiked the young guitarist after the third day, which caused fighting the heat a lot more difficult due to how weak he became. The body heat, the summer heat, and the heat of arousal made the possibilities of Ritsuka pass out a lot higher. Luckily, it hasn't happened once... yet.

Ritsuka didn't know too much about omegas besides what he's learned at school since he usually revolved his unsocial self around friends who were usually alphas, betas, and the unpresented.

No one can free willingly choose their secondary gender, and it just so happens that his friends weren't omegas. Itaya was a beta, and Ueki, an alpha. Along the lines of that, it wasn't like Ritsuka had anything against omegas.

But him being one? That's a fact he was bewildered by.

Luckily, his family was there to take care of and guide him before the next wave occurs, especially his father, who was also an omega. Ritsuka admired his father's calm, nurturing skills and the females of the family being protective.

The Uenoyama family consisted of an alpha mother, an omega father, a beta daughter, and now an omega son. The three secondary genders in one family and surrounded by each other were the first thing Ritsuka required for comfort and reassurance. He sure was grateful.

As an omega himself, Uenoyama~sama was the most significant help when Ritsuka needed it. As having a father-son relationship, also becoming a mature-immature omega relationship, Uenoyama~sama checked up on him a lot more than Yayoi and his wife. He just wanted to make sure that his son manages the first week of his heat and, as an omega, a lot better than him in the past.

Regarding the females, even if Yayoi and Uenoyama~san were equally as caring, they did not hold back to lecture Ritsuka for not staying home on the first day. The youngest had a few visible pre-heat symptoms yet didn't realize them. At least a parental, "It's ok, you didn't know," came from his mother. A bone-crushing hug from her strong arms followed after. Being an alpha as a female also had its perks.

As a parent, of course.

"You're an idiot," Yayoi scowled at her brother after the first day. And afterward, she immediately went to make something edible enough for him to eat. She may not be the best cook, but better than Ritsuka.