12

A/N: This might be a spoiler but I need to put trigger warnings.

tw // mentions of death , plane crash

-------------------------

"Baby, I'm shaking right now. I wanna go home. I'll book a ticket now back to Bangkok!" Gunsmile panicked as soon as he saw his wife's message.

"Wait baby, what's wrong? Are you alright? Why are you going back here?" He wiped his hands with a towel. They're currently cleaning the restaurant because Bright is coming home later.

"You didn't see the news?"

"No. We've been busy with the restaurant since Bright is coming home. No one had the time yet to check their phones. What's going on? I'm getting worried."

"Win's plane crashed"

"He died. My bestfriend died."

"Baby, I don't know what to do at this point"

Did I read that correctly? Win... died? Oh my god.

Bangkok Trending @BKKTOfficial: Breaking News: On February 12, Air Asia Flight *** bound to Bangkok, Thailand crashed due to pilot error, killing all 172 passengers including the famous fashion designer, Win Metawin.

"HUH?! WHAT THE.. oh my god"

"I'm so sorry for your loss baby :( please go home safely with Khao."

"Shit.. how can we tell Bright? He's still on his flight and we're supposed to fetch him later"

"I don't know, really.. but I have to tell you something baby"

"Go on"

"They're soulmates"

Does that explains why Bright haven't seen any names on his wrist until now? But I don't understand, if Win knew about it why didn't he tell him?

"What?! Are you serious?! I don't understand. How is that possible? Bright doesn't know who his soulmate is. If Win is really his soulmate then why didn't his name appear on Bright's wrist?"

"Because Win doesn't know as well. He chose not to. When he turned 23 , he let us see his wrist but he didn't look because he didn't want to lose the thrill-- and that's when we found out that Bright is his soulmate."

"We saw their future-- Bright is at his grave. I didn't know exactly what's going to happen and when it will happen. That's why ever since that day, I'm always scared because I'll never know when and how I'll lose Win."

"But fuck.. I didn't know it would happen too soon and this would be the reason of his death."

"Damn, that's heartbreaking and too unfair that it was their fate. They barely had the chance to enjoy their days together."

"You didn't try to tell Win about their future?"

"I tried, we convinced him but he chose not to know his soulmate's name. He said only until he still hasn't come up with a solution to the problem. But he never got the chance to ask us about the name. He said he didn't want to suffer while he was still alive. And he also didn't want his soulmate to suffer because he'll die anyway."

----------------------------

"Fuck! I'm gonna be late for my flight and my phone didn't charge last night? I'm out of battery. Damn it!" Bright cursed as he rushed to prepare his things.

"Oh shit." He cursed once again as he stumbled upon the mug he used last night for the coffee. The mug shattered so he picked up the pieces carefully and threw it to the trash bin.

"Bright Vachirawit, room 214 for checkout." He gave his card key to the receptionist.

"Oh, I'll pay for the hotel's mug. I broke it." Bright added and left some money.

After he checked out, he went straight to the airport.

"All passengers boarding to Bangkok, Thailand please proceed to gate 6." The ground flight attendant's announcement was heard twice from the speaker. Bright immediately proceeded to the assigned gate.

"Good day! This is your captain speaking.. On behalf of the Air Asia crew, I would like to welcome you on this flight from Singapore to Bangkok..." The captain left some reminders before take-off. They are expected to arrive in Bangkok approximately after 2 hours or so.

I wonder if Win's already home. Gosh, I'm so nervous. I still don't know how I should confess to him. I didn't have the time to ponder about it!

"Flight attendants, prepare for landing please." Bright glanced at the window beside him. The weather is nice and sunny, the airport is already visible to the naked eye.

"Jeez, how can I contact my friends? My phone ran out of battery."

After Bright finished passing through the immigration, he went to a nearby payphone to give his friends a call.

"I hope I can still remember their phone numbers correctly." Bright dialed Gunsmile's number.

"Hello? Who's this?  Gun, it's me, Bright. My phone ran out of battery. Wait for me at the arrival area. Oh, alright. See you bro." He dropped the call.

Bright walked to the arrival area. He smiled as soon as he saw his friends, but they did otherwise. They were all looking gloomy.

"Wow! You aren't happy to see me? Did you have too much fun when I was away, huh?" Bright teased his friends causing them to flinch as they got surprised.

"You're a weirdo. Letʼs get you home." They tried to ride along with his jokes because they still didn't know how to spill the heartbreaking news.

Bright is seated in the front seat, Foei and First are seated in the back, while Gunsmile is the one driving the car.

"Oh, right! You wouldn't believe what happened in Singapore!" Bright exclaimed, his eyes were filled with excitement.

"I think fate is siding with us. I saw Win last night! He's supposed to surprise me by going home earlier than me, but coincidentally, we were checked into the same hotel and our rooms were beside each other." His smile was wide from ear-to-ear. His three friends glanced at each other.

"Wait, what? Why was he in Singapore?" Foei furrowed his brows and interrupted him.

"I don't know, he said he visited his friend before going to Bangkok." The three sighed heavily. Gunsmile looked straight to the road, while Foei and First turned their attention outside. What's wrong? Something feels strange.

"Anyways, it feels strange seeing him there but Iʼm happy I was able to see him after two years. Well, tomorrow is fine but you know how I longed for him." Bright explained more. His friends couldn't take it anymore so they decided to speak up.

"Bright, it's not real." Gunsmile cut him off.

"What are you saying? What's not real?"

"Win! Win is not real." Bright was left in awe. I don't understand. What's wrong with them?