Chapter 10: Why would you?

Ross ' s POV
Its been about a month since Laura was here. I ran out into the waves board tucked under my arm. I see a familiar brunette surfing the waves like a pro. She shreds them like she created them, I don't know who she is but she is hot! That's a lie I know who it is! It's my sexy girlfriend, well one. The Australian one, my one and only love. I get up on my board on my stomach paddling over to where she is sitting on her board starring at the sunrise. I sat next to her on my board. "It's beautiful isn't it!" I say
"Yeah it just reminds how lucky I am! I am here for work, not for a trip this is part of my job, traveling the world exploring the the cultures. It's a lot to think about, I have this amazing life, amazing job, and an amazing boyfriend who I know will never cheat on me like Oliver! I am the luckiest girl in the world."
My heart pains every time I think that there is someone else. I don't love Laura but I feel like I'm betraying Maia every time I text Laura. It's a feeling I really hate. I don't want to hurt her, but I don't want to hurt Laura either. I havent texted Laura in a few weeks.

I get up on my board at the approaching wave, Maia doing the same. We shred up the water leaving the water instill at the smooth lines and cuts of our boards. She is doing tricks I never even knew were possible. I follow her trying to do exactly what she does, but her moves are so quick and beautifully executed I can't keep up. I decide to retreat to shore after a while. I watch her do her thing on the ocean. Eventually she decides to come to shore. "Ross why did you leave?"
"I was so astonished by the surfing beauty I had to get a full view of her amazing ability."
"Aw well she has one more ability she wants to show you!" She walks and right stands over me, one leg on each side of me. She kneels down so she is nearly straddling me. She lowers down and kisses me passionetly, My arms are wrapped around her and my head pressed up against the sand. "Well that ability is better than any of hers I think I want to experience that again."
"Oh really ok then I'll show you one more time." She leans down and kisses me again.
"Oh that was perfect!"
"Ross?" I hear the voice from behind me and I hang my head back. The jig is up. Oh shiz I don't know what to do so I grab Maia's hands helping her up. I hold her hand tight and turn to face Laura. "Laura what are you doing here?" Maia says
"Trying to see why my boyfriend hasn't been calling me or texting me but I guess I know now!"
"Excuse me don't you mean ex boyfriend?"
"No I mean boyfriend!"
"Ross care to explain!"
"Ok so here is the thing I never technically broke up with Laura because I didn't want to hurt anyone! I am so sorry Maia I should've told you!"
She runs off down tge beach away from me. "Wow Ross I never thought you would do this to me!"
"I know I am so sorry Laura I never wanted to hurt you! I am in love with Maia I'm sorry!"
"Ross I can't believe you, I was saving myself for you!"
"No you weren't you have slept with your sisters boyfriend at least 4 times, yeah I know about that!"
"How?"
"Well I don't need to get into that I need to go save my relationship, with the most amazing person on earth! Still really sorry about how it all played out!" I start running after Maia I can see her in the distance still running down the island. "Maia, Maia please I'm sorry! Slow down!"
She stops and walks quickly towards me, I can see her face filled with tears.
"Ross I'm not stopping for you! I am stopping to tell you that you are a jerk! Why would you lie to me and more importantly why would you do any of this?"
"I thought I could have the love of my life and keep the Raura fans happy!"
"Why would you make your decisions based off of them!"
"I mean they are my entire career, they are the sweetest, they look up to me!
I just wanted to give them some hope, you know one once sent me a magic trick and named it after me. It was so cute."
"Fine if you like magic tricks, here's one Abra cadaver you're single you sick little bastard."
"One it's actually abracadabra......."
"F-u!"
"Wait Maia, please I'm sorry!"
"No you are not!" She takes off back to the hotel. I run after her chasing her into the hotel and into the elevator. There is only an old lady in the elevator besides Maia. I corner against the 2 corners of the elevator! I pull the stop switch. "Maia now please listen to me!"
"No Ross I don't want to hear what you have to say."
"Yes you do! I love you Maia, Maia Charlotte Mitchell I love you! I wil, scream it from every rooftop of any building I will risk my life for you Maia and I will sing it because as long as you love me it'll all me alright!"

'As long as you love me, we could be starving, wd could homeless we could be broke as long you love me I'll be your platinum I'll be your gold! As long as you lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-lo-love me! I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams girl
I'll be your whole world, you can be my Destiny's Child on a scene girl
So don't stress, don't cry, we don't need no wings to fly
Just take my hand!'
She starts cracking uo during the performance. "Please Maia, I need you!"
"Just take the boy back so I can get to the pool!
"No Ross you hurt me no matter how funny that performance was you hurt me. Its like you didn't even care that I would get hurt by all of this!"
"I know I'm so so sorry I just wasn't thinking and now and forever you are my number one priority!"
"Ross just let me off of the elevator and let me go back to my room to cry and watch pretty little liars so I can decide how I want to kill you!" She says and then the elevator door opens and she gets up leaving me behind.