Prologue Pt 3 "Training and Tragedy"

abc thinking in thought

** change of POV

~~ Timeskip/Mindscape

{abc} spells/power

abc Nergigante talking

'abc' doing an action

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

~Timeskip 1 year~
*(Y/N) POV Age: 17*

It's been a year since I've met Nergigante and since then I've been training with Nergigante non-stop and I've been feeling better, faster, and stronger than ever before. With the training from Nergigante, I've learned how to use magic which included Physical Enhancement Magic and Dark Magic from Nergigante. Physical Enhancement Magic allows me to increase my physical attributes tenfold for a limited time while the Dark Magic I've learned allows me to cause fear into my enemies and manipulate shadows. While not in the mindscape with Nergigante, the training with my dad has become even more harder and the meditation sessions with mom increased my magical power even more every day. I will say however the training with Nergigante was extremely hellish, more than dad's training, but it's what I signed up for and it was totally worth it. The continuous mindscape training helped me to fully master my sacred gear increasing the time limit to almost infinite and nullified the cooldown, yet the only way to deactivate the extra power was to either exert the rest of the remaining power or to deactivate the sacred gear. Now it's the night that I've been able to unlock my Balance Breaker, but at the moment there was a time limit of 5 minutes and I now have my work cut out for me.

~Mindscape~
*(Y/N) POV*

I've been squaring off against Nergigante in my Balance Breaker form trying to extend the time limit.

(Imagine that you're in your Balance Breaker and not using the hammer. Plus ignore the Palico partner)

Nergigante: Let's rest for now. I must say the past year has been interesting with you as my host. Honestly, I couldn't ask for a better host.

I sat down on a crushed pillar with my balance breaker still on but without the helmet looking at Nergigante while trying to hide my worried face.

(Y/N): Thanks, Nergigante. Man, it feels like decades but it's only been a year. "looks down worried"

Nergigante: I know that look, (Y/N). Something is on your mind, what's wrong?

(Y/N): It's just.... I've been thinking about what my dad's C.O. told us.

~Flashback~

Dad gets a call from his C.O. and wants not only him, but both me and my mom, to come to his office to discuss about their new assignment. What assignment would require me to come along? The three of us then left towards my dad's C.O.'s office. That's when he told us that their new assignment required them to be relocated. To Japan nonetheless, I mean I've wanted to go to Japan for some time. My parents' assignment is to help train recruits at a Japanese base. Dad would train the recruits by sculpting their bodies and having them go through hell, so to speak, while Mom would teach medicine and train some to become field medics, God knows we need more of them. The news shocked the three of us. We've been living in America for most of our lives, but now we were required to move to Japan and now we have to live to Japan for our lives. Dad then asked his C.O. what the benefits were to moving to Japan.