𝕿𝖊𝖓|10

"Still nothing?" I asked as we rambled through Rafael's office. Finally, we were in, and still, I could not find the keys to the fucking safe. The motherfuckers was smart I give him that. He had a safe within a safe—one with a code and another one with a key.

"No, and we have torn this whole fucking office apart. The bitches and his too. If the keys weren't with him, she has to have it on her person." He said, running his hands down his face. None of that made any sense because if Danielle knew what was in the safe, she wouldn't be running.

Then again, maybe she didn't know what was behind it. Rafael was a private person and rarely shared shit with anyone. His own wife barely knew shit about him until the last minute. It was the same with his colleagues.

"I give the fuck up. SHIT!"

"Don't you say that, don't you fucking say that shit?" I say, pacing the fucking room running my hands through my hair in frustration. I wasn't about to give up, not now or later. The cops had nothing, and I was searching until I couldn't anymore.

"Look, the cops know nothing. It's has been months hell three months away from a year..."

"Yeah, I fucking know, and our only scapegoat was dropped of all charges months ago due to the two people you were sure would put her behind bars. Anyway, where is your favorite detective now?"

We glared at each other for a moment before breaking the contact, searching the room once more. "He quit his job something about feeling guilty about blaming the wrong fucking person. I heard he was the one protecting Danni. I'm not sure."

I was. I saw the two of them leave Georgia together. That is how I knew where they went, but I had to wait until their house was completely empty before searching it. Still, I found nothing in a there sweet little home in Alaska, and now they are gone again. To where I have no earthly idea.

"It doesn't matter if he's protecting her or not. Someone else is helping her besides Witness Protection. There is nothing in the systems about their whereabouts or the fact they are in the fucking program."

"Well, you the one that works in that field, not I. Shit, I did my part, and now I say we sat back for a while. It's been seven months since they disappeared from Alaska. I think it is clear they are not in the United States, and if they are, whoever is helping them has them hidden well. The case is about to turn cold, and until your stupid ass people realize it is something behind that picture and wall, we are safe."

.

.

.

"It's cold out there, Renzo. I rather stay in and watch movies." Danielle whined, putting on her coat while I put Jaiden in his. Today I promise her I would show her around Milan since I had the next two weeks off.

"Bambino (baby), it's wintertime course it's cold," I said, making her smile, calling her baby. Over the past three months, the two of us have grown close. I accepted that I was a forty-five-year-old man that finally started to fall in love with someone eighteen years younger than me.

It was scary at first. I never thought someone young enough to be my daughter could make me so fucking happy. I live to wake up seeing her smile and the little boy I now call my son, and I see me having more children with her.

"We're not staying out long. I don't want to be sick, and I sure the hell don't want Jaiden sick. Can we visit the Duomo di Milano, and the Cenacolo Vinciano. Ooooh, I want to go shopping we have the money for it. Pleaseeee Lorenzo." She begged, making me laugh and our son look at her like she was crazy.

"Why are you acting like a child right now? But yeah, we can visit those places. I thought you said it was too cold?" I said while Danielle shrugged her shoulders, walking out the door. "Your Mama is something else, Jaiden."