C H A P T E R 2 0

Monday

The Weekend passed quickly, it was raining all day long, the wind, the clouds covering the blue sky as it was pouring, all I did was sit in my bedroom lost in my thoughts, reading, watching the rain, it had been such a boring weekend.

We sat in our seats in the great hall waiting for Dumbledore to say his speech, thinking this was gonna be a normal day, when 3 students entered the great hall's big doors.

They walked up to Professor Dumbledore, "Good Morning Students, i hope you all are doing well, today we have got 3 new students attending to Hogwarts." Dumbledore says.

"Let them be sorted into their houses" he adds giving a look to Professor McGonagall.

First up was the girl, "hm..this one's interesting, hurt but strong..Gryffindor" announces the sorting hat.

Next up was the boy standing next to the girl, "this one's the same as the girl, hm..you two are related..Gryffindor!" announces the sorting hat once more.

And lastly was the dangerously mysterious boy, "Slytherin!" Said the sorting hat without taking a moment to think about it.

We all cheered them as they made their way to their houses.

The 2 new Gryffindors both sat in front of me, they looked so mysterious and it came as a surprise to me that they got sorted into Gryffindor but I'm willing to find out who they are.

"Hey, welcome" I welcomed them with a kind smile on my face, "hey" they both said, no hint of emotion. Completely nothing.

"so tell me about you guys.." I asked still with that smile on my face, trying my best not to let it fade away.

"We are siblings,both 16, last name is Pierce"
the girl answered.

"What are your names?" I asked once more,
"Esther"
"Jacob"
they answered one after the other,
"what's yours?" Jacob asked,
"Oh I'm Anna Spellman" I answered, this time not faking a smile.

"It's nice to meet you" Jacob said.
"It's nice to meet you too." I answered.

The rest of the time we were having breakfast passed by in silence, I hadn't spoken a word to anyone, just me and my thoughts, as always.

When we were finally done Professor Dumbledore asked me to show Esther where she would be staying.

He said we were going to be sharing a dorm together and I agreed, I didn't have a problem with her I just wished she would talk to me, than ignore me.

I showed her around and we went to class, we had potions.

Professor Snape said that she should sit next to me so I could help her with the potion we were making today.

As we were making the potion we were assigned to make, I was asking myself if I should or shouldn't talk to her about something else rather than the potion we were making.

I decided I would talk to her, I wasn't gonna leave this like that, she hasn't said a word in hours and we were even sharing a room together, the least we could do was get along.

"Hey, what's your deal?" I asked finally revealing the frustration that was building up inside of me because of the fact that she hadn't said anything all day.

She turned to me, a smirk growing on her face, I furrowed my eyebrows trying to figure her out, " I knew you were gonna say something like this" she said smirking, after all these hours this was what it was about? She just wanted to get on my nerves without speaking.

"Now you're talking!?" I said sarcastically,
"Oh it was a joke, loosen up" she said chuckling, I huffed rolling my eyes at her comment.

"Ugh took you long enough, now help me with this potion I have no clue what to do" Jacob said from behind whining, I laughed at him and helped him out with his assignment.

Potions wasn't so bad with them after all, they were fun, sure dumb but they were actually really fun to be around.

The class passed by fast and all 3 of us went back to our dorms, Jacob begged to come in our dorm and he wouldn't stop till we said yes, so we just let him in.

All three of us sat in my bed and we talked about everything, Jacob and Esther told me about their dark past and that's when I realized why they were sorted in Gryffindor.

It was their past that was dark, not them, they used to be children with light in their hearts, but that light faded away as they grew up because of their abusive parents.

They told me all about how hard their childhood was and I told them all about mine, all of my mistakes, my regrets, everything I was willing to reveal.

We talked for hours until it was dark, Jacob went back to his dorm and me and Esther went to bed.

I already met two of the new kids, now there's one more to meet..

I heard no one had talked to him yet and I was not sure I wanted to meet him after all.

As my thoughts kept filling my mind up, sleep took over me..