CHAPTER 18

HARRY STYLES
-December 2021-

Mistakes. One stupid little word that holds so much power over an individual. One word that can flip your life upside down because it has value, because it is crucial in today's society. We live in an unforgiving world. In a world where everyone focuses on mistakes, not on achievements. In a world that loves to point them out every time they get the occasion to do so. Sometimes, you will drag one mistake with you for the rest of your life. It will constantly come back to haunt you. In the eyes of others, this particular mistake will define you and your worth. You won't ever be able to let go of it, to put it behind you. Because society loves mistakes. It's the only weapon you can use against somebody. One of the only ways you can make people feel inferior is by rubbing their mistakes in their faces. By making them feel worthless because they aren't perfect. In reality, these people just do that to validate their own mistakes. They find comfort in comparing everyone's situation, they gain back their worth by witnessing atrocities and cruelties. As long as it doesn't affect them right? They're willing to put everyone down and put their mistakes on display as long as it keeps the attention off of their own.
But they don't realize how much damage a mistake can cause. Mistakes can be the key to chaos, they can unleash hell. They can break relationships. End careers. Destroy reputations. Seeing the destruction caused by mistakes makes you realize just how much the society puts high standards, puts pressure on people to constantly succeed and attain perfection. That's when you realize just how much words can do damage, can destroy a life. But mistakes can sometimes lead to positive outcomes. When you're surrounded by the right people, opening up about your mistakes can lead to a better relationship. They can create a strong bond because we finally meet people that accept us for who we are. That acknowledge the fact that we're all desperately trying to survive in a cold-blooded world. That we don't need to see our mistakes as a weakness, but as a part of us, as something that can make us stronger and even more unique. These same people help you see that you're so much more than your mistakes, that you can be anything you want to be. That's probably how Daisy would approach and see mistakes, I just know it.
Personally, I have a love-hate relationship with them. I loathe when my employees or business partners make mistakes. I expect professionalism and almost perfection for them. When they commit it mistakes, it puts another weight on my shoulders because I have to fix everything myself. But, when I make mistakes, a part of me can't help but feel a little grateful. I hate the humiliation that comes with mistakes. I fucking hate it. On the other hand, they sometimes teach me a lesson. They point out an aspect of myself I have to work on or an aspect of my life that is simply wrong.

I couldn't help but reflect as we took place in the car. I hated that I realized I had made a mistake.

My behavior had been too impulsive and cocky, but it was too late to turn back. I should have approached the situation differently, I should have taken the time to calm down. I shouldn't have been so rude and demanding with her: after all, she was the one who was supposed to be mad with me. I was the one who had fucked up, who had offended her.

But I couldn't admit that I overreacted because I was already too deep. I had let anger consume me and, no matter how many times I told myself she was the one who needed to be angry, it wouldn't fade away. There was no other option than to let it out, even if I hated that I would take it out on her.

Besides, I was still furious because of the douchebag that openly flirted with her. Just thinking of his hand wrapping around her wrist made my blood boil and my fists clenched in anger. And when he had the audacity to talk about her like she was an object, I lost my shit.

If Max hadn't been there to drag me back down to reality, it would have been a bloodshed.

When we closed the door and Robert started the engine, it was clear that there was no turning back. Shit was going down and Robert was going to be in the first row, listening to our fight from the driver's seat.