Welcome To The Neighbourhood | Izuku Midoriya

The click of the front door's lock woke you from your slumber before you felt a pounding throb between your brows. Squinting your eyes to try to rid yourself of the ebbing pain, you rose up from the bed, pinching the bridge of your nose and groaning from the aches on your body. You felt stiff, as if you hadn't moved in days. But you recalled what happened last night while you walked home from Nighteye's agency after the long day shift. You remembered your breath visible in the chill, the warmth of your scarf, the dim light of the street lights ahead, the feeling of being watched...

You opened your eyes slowly as soon as the pain subsided. That feeling of being followed ensnared your heart. You even made sure to take a different route home to be sure. But the night turned blacker than it was, and the smell of pine and some other scent, musky by your vague recollection, engulfed your senses. Or perhaps there was a hint of fresh linen in the mix, but you did smell something oddly sweet...

Your eyes widened upon realization of that sweetness in your nostrils. Chloroform. Someone had knocked you out. You quickly scanned the room you woke up in, realizing now that you weren't at your apartment. The bedroom was bare. The walls had no photos or paintings of such. The bedside table was empty of anything. All that was in this room was the bed and yourself.

The smell of linen now filled your senses as you shifted in the bed, now knowing it wasn't yours. Clean sheets, crisp and soft. Was it freshly cleaned? You clenched onto the fabric, feeling its texture on your fingers. It felt nice before you checked the rest of your body for any physical harm. So far, nothing, except that the clothes that you last wore were not on your person. Instead, you found yourself in something else - a clean white shirt and loose pants. Generic, almost clinical, but what filled you with dread was that someone dressed you. While you were knocked out.

The sound of shuffling caught your ear outside of the bedroom while you slowly slid from the bed, lightly making your way to the door and into what looked to be an apartment. Taking the corner, you found your way to the open kitchen, peeking around the doorframe to find someone standing by the counter laying out items from a few bags.

You stared at the scene perplexed. Were those groceries?

The man's back was facing you while you inspected the rest of the room. Much like the bedroom, it was empty of any personal effects. No photos, no items of sentimental value, it was as if this was a newly renovated apartment ready to be moved in. Except for the television setup in the open lounge area, there was nothing else that could tell you where you were taken.

"I know you're awake," cooed the man from the counter, causing you to whip around the corner out of sight. You hugged against the wall, hoping that would keep you hidden and quiet while the man stopped in what he was doing.

There was silence, nothing but the sound of a can being placed on the counter.

"Don't be frightened," reassured the man, his voice edging closer towards the hallway entrance. "I'm happy that you woke up. I didn't realize how much I've given you before you fell asleep. The last thing I wanted was to cause any future repercussions."

That voice...

"Anyway I won't do that ever again. I'm just so happy to have found you."

You raised your hands to your mouth, hoping that alone will hold the gasp that would've escaped upon your realization. Out of every scenario that could've played out, out of any of the villains that existed, you mentally cursed to yourself:

Why him?

The thought escaped you as soon as a tight grip encircled your throat, pushing you against the wall. Your hands immediately gripped onto the wrist that bound you, looking into the deep emerald eyes of the man who took you to this place.