IAWWT 07

°°Saying Goodbye Is Hard°°

Y/n's p.o.v.

»timeskip»

It's been 14 years and I turned 18 this year. A lot of things happened, like how I'm now somewhat friends with Jihyo. Yeah we are now, crazy right? She's still calling me mortal though whenever she's mad or embarrassed but hey, at least we're on good terms. Speaking of friends, Mina, Sana, Momo, and I are also now friends. You know that kind of friendship at the highest level, yeah that one that is near the borderline of being friends and lovers, that's what we are. How about Chaeyoung? She grew up but still shorter than us by centimetres and inches, and is still ultra-super-duper very cute (←IQ declining because of gorgeous friends). What about my situation? Well Seri...

flashback (10 years old)

"Hey Y/n, nice to see you again"

"Ahhhhh!"

Just like the first time we met, Seri suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"What the fuck!?"

"I see, your choice of words haven't changed at all Y/n" She ignored my question and sat at the edge of my bed.

Bish, you were missing for years in my life then you act like it never happened?

"Y/n? I heard screaming, are you okay?" mother asked me behind the door.

"I'm okay!" I replied.

"Well then I'll be in the kitchen, are you sure everything's fine?"

"Yes mother, thank you" then I heard her walked away.

I stared at Seri and she looked back at me.

"What?"

"You've grown up, that's what" She sounds like a father on his daughter's wedding.

"Yeah, cause it's been ten years since you showed up. You were gone the time I needed you the most. I was working my ass off to improve my non-existent magic with my new found friends. Thank you for your guidance oh so great Goddess of Life and Death" I quoted the last sentence as I rolled my eyes.

"You're welcome. It's nice to see someone appreciating me" I really can't with this girl.

"By the way I just stopped by to see you. My powers are still sealed and I just asked for a friend's help so I won't last long here. It seems that I don't have to worry about you after all"

"Why am I to defeat Jihyo's father? There are so many other deity, why me?"

"It's a story for another time. I'm going, I'll see you again" and then poof, she's gone.

flashback ends

There are still many questions left but no answer to be found. It is so frustrating that I can do nothing for now. I'm afraid that in the future it'll stay as it is, I have to do something. But with my current condition, a person who has no attributes, I'm fucking doomed.

Mom...wait for me okay?

"Y/n? The girls will leave any minute now. Wake up sleepyhead, you don't want to be left behind, do you?" mother gently shook me up.

Crap. I forgot that it was today!

I jolted up from the bed and kissed mother in the cheeks. I ran to the bathroom and had a quick bath. When I went back to my room to change, I saw mother packing my clothes.

"You should go and eat now, your father is already there" she wryly smiled at me and I just weakly nod.

I went out of the room straight into the kitchen. There I saw father eating his breakfast.

"Sweetie, do you really have to go? I heard from the village's chief that there are many thieves lurking in the way" He opened up a topic as I eat or more like ravaged my food.

I know he's worried but I'm with the girls. Besides the carriage are from the academy itself and the driver would be Mr. Yoo himself. Right, I forgot to fill you up with the rest of what have happened. Anyways the academy we're talking about is a school in the Capitol of Tokki Kingdom. It's just the same as school back where I live. But with magic-related subjects, politics, etiquette, history of the country and whatnot added to it. Mr Yoo is sent by the academy to supervise the village's upcoming student. He is one of the many scholars sent to every village and town governed by the Kingdom. They are to teach us about magic related stuff, basic survival tips, little history and whatever we may need to start life in the Capitol. He was a kind man who taught us extra from what he is supposed to.

"It's okay father, I appreciate your concerns but I'm not a child anymore. I know you're worried about our journey but Mr. Yoo will be with us" I smiled at him in attempt to stop him from crying.

Knowing my father, he may burst out in tears anytime no-

"Wahhhh~ Why do you have to go to the Capitol Y/n? You're not even picked by Mr. Yoo. Wahh~" father shamelessly wailed.

Mother heard him and came out from my room with my luggage in her hands. She walked towards us and went to back hugged father still sitting on his chair.

"Why are you crying for, Arthur? Do you want to cage our daughter away from her future? Sooner or later, wether we like it or not, we still have to let go of this daughter of ours to start her own life. Y/n may be nowhere near 10 years old in our eyes, but she's already a fine lady, Arthur. She will continue to grow up until...until we're not there to watch her" she mumbled the last part as she gently laid her forehead on father's shoulder.

I can feel mother's sadness from her ever so gentle voice. Her warm brown eyes gazing at me, full of emotions as she looked up to meet my watery eyes. It also pains me mother but I decided to do something, I need to ready myself- no I have to.

"Father, mother, I'll always carry both of you in my heart. So please don't worry about me and take care of your health...I- I will be back" of course I will be back...one last time before leaving you for my mom.

"Here, don't forget about this" father stood up with tears still in his eyes.

He extends his hand and on it, were a dagger 10 inches in length. It was a gift from my parents for my 18th birthday. It's nothing fancy, it was custom made by Momo's dad with their design. He was the village's blacksmith and is diligent, the result was a well craft dagger that I carry with me all the time ever since.

"We love you Y/n...we do"

I love you too, mother...father.