One Shot: Someone Like You

I passed by the coffee shop where we first met. It never changed. I saw the place where we always sat, where we date, talk about our future and made our promises to each other. But that place was now occupied by another couple.. Another lover.... That should be us! But it won’t happen again. The promises were already broken and our planned future will never happen.

I entered the coffee shop and ordered our favorite drink. The taste never changed like my love for Jay. While drinking my coffee, all those memories started to flash back. The day we first met, the days he kept on following me and asking me to be his girlfriend. I also remembered the day I answered him and he shouted it to everyone. We even got scolded because he was very noisy. I also remembered the days he gave me gifts, our monthsaries, those good and bad memories started to flash back into my mind. My mind’s annoying me. I didn’t notice that my tears were already falling. Some are already looking at me. But I don’t care. Tomorrow morning, I’ll leave and I’ll promise myself that I’ll move on. I’ll forget every single memory I had with him if that is the only way to forget him. I wiped my tears with my hands but I noticed someone beside me offering his handkerchief…..

.

.

.

.

.

Jay?

Did he come back to tell me not to go?

“Why are you crying?” he asked me as he sat down.

“Nothing. I think I should go now.”

“Kaye, we have to talk” he pulled me back to my seat.

“About what?” I asked.

“About us.”

“Why should we talk about us? There’s no us. The “us” is already broken. We are broken. So could you just let me go.”

“Kaye….”

‘I heard that you're settled down

That you found a girl and you're married now’

 “Jay, I know you’re getting married. Stop talking to me. Please. I want to forget to forget you. Let us forget about the past. Leave me alone.”

“Yes, I am. That is why, I want to have our last talk as friends.”

‘I heard that your dreams came true

Guess she gave you things I didn't give to you’

“ABOUT WHAT?! Huh?!”

I was really hurt when he told me that he’s getting married. I was starting to get hysterical. I was not crying like a lady. I just can’t accept the fact that he’s getting married to another girl.

“Kaye, please forgive me if I left you before. I was so confused.”

“Confused?! Confused because you don’t know if you really love me?! What?!” he just looked at another direction. Why can’t he look at me, straight to my eyes?