Chapter 6

The following afternoon, Avery waved goodbye to her parents and started walking towards the school. When the house was out of sight, she changed direction and sprinted towards the 7-11.

The rest of the group were waiting for her with the van. "Great, let's roll", said James.

Everyone quickly piled into the van, as Cliff drove out of the parking lot. "We get to the city in half an hour, then we check into a motel, and we see the show. If anyone gets lucky, don't make too much noise. I don't wanna get thrown out", said Lars.

"You're a little bastard, Ulrich. Don't tell me you don't make noise when you get laid", cracked James.

"Yeah, Lars. Last time you got lucky, the whole floor could here it. So don't call the kettle black", joked Cliff.

"Hey, I couldn't help it if the chick's loud. Besides, I wanna know if I'm doing a good job", he smirked.

"So what do you guys want to hear?", asked Cliff, changing the subject.

"Whatever, as long as it's not disco shit", replied Kirk.

Cliff grinned, inserting a tape into the player, as the Misfits came over the speakers. "Love these crazy fucks. They sing about killing people and aliens and shit", he said, cranking up the volume.

The arrived in San Francisco half an hour later. "Here's the motel. Don't break anything, I don't wanna pay for your broken shit", grumbled Lars.

"How may I help you?", asked the clerk eyeing them suspiciously.

"We want rooms for the night", said Lars.

"How many rooms?", asked the clerk.

"Two singles, and one double", said Kirk.

The clerk looked through the guestbook, handing them the keys. "Have a nice day", he grumbled.

"Okay, who gets what room?", asked Kirk.

"I've got my own room, I wanna get laid tonight. James and Kirk share one room, and Cliff and Avery got their room", said Lars, winking at them.

"Hey, fucker. What if we get with chicks? Are we supposed to fuck in the bathroom?", grumbled James.

"You do that all the time, asswipe. Just figure something out", snapped Lars. "We meet in the lobby in a few hours. Don't trash anything", he added, opening the door to his room.

"Arrogant little fucker, but we love him anyway. Let's go to our room", said Cliff.

"Ooh, you wanna get some already?", cracked James.

Cliff flipped them off, as he led her inside the room. It was spartan, but clean, with a nightstand, TV, bathroom and a large bed. Her eyes widened, a blush forming on her cheeks.

"Hey, don't worry. I like sex and all, but I'm not a perv like James and Lars. I won't force you", he said, taking her into his arms.

Avery shivered as he held her gently, stroking her hair. "Aww, you're so cute when you blush", he teased.

His expression grew serious, as he lowered his lips to hers. Avery moaned at the sudden contact, her lips parting under his. Cliff growled, his tongue playing with hers, as they continued to kiss.

He reluctantly broke the kiss, chuckling at the dazed expression on her face. "Wow, I didn't know I was that good of a kisser", he joked.

She giggled, her cheeks flushed. "Yes, you are a good kisser, Cliff. Not that I have anything to compare you too", she chuckled.