Prologue: The Monologue of Amasawa Ichika

Test tube babies. Have you heard of that term before?

They are no longer called that and instead the term "in vitro fertilization" is used.

I am one of those born from in vitro fertilization.

I don't know anything about myself other than that.

I've never seen my parents' faces.

Where are you now? What are they doing? Why am I in the White Room? Nothing.

Despite the fact that everything was unknown to me, I was not interested in the least strictly speaking.

They only told me this as far as I can remember:

Your parents are very talented people.

Surely, that meant that I was extremely blessed with talent since I was born, right?

But my existence and the existence of the White Room are in conflict.

The ultimate goal of the facility is educating everyone to become equally outstanding people.

The limits of a single human being are not decided by their genes, but by the environment. That is what they are trying to show.

Which ultimately means that someone as talented as me, who has superior genes, is not welcome.

I'm probably just an experiment for the White Room in the end.

I'm not interested in trying to disprove that fact, but do you really think you will be successful?

Intelligence, personality and mental stature.

Treating each and every one of them the same is impossible in my opinion.

The proof is that I am here as myself, don't you think?

I took pride in myself since I was a child unlike others in the same environment.

My eyes looked dead as I halfheartedly did task after task. But it was quite an act.

I've always been questioning the real reason for the facility's existence.

Grow up for the sake of the white room?

Waste my own life to contribute?

To become the best success and spend my life for that goal? Was that my true wish?

You know, that sounds like the recipe for a sad life, don't you agree?

I want to live life freely, do you too?

At least I do.

After all, I would hate to live my whole life inside that enclosed garden.

Oh, was that off topic? Let's go back then.

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka. He's beating everyone else in the White Room in terms of grades.

Naturally, she wasn't sure whether to believe him or not the first time she heard from him.

Do you want me to believe that it far exceeded all the scores that my own blood had worked on?

But yes. When I saw his data, I met him in person and was able to speak with him.

I knew.

It really was special after all.

But, sorry senpai.

I really want to be your ally, but I can't have it any other way.

I've spent a lot more time with them than with you, senpai. Much more

Surprisingly, I am much more compassionate ... than I thought.

Senpai, like someone who adores you.

I'll look at you from afar when that time comes