Suns Always Rise

Why am I writing this? I know there is no escape. There is no point to that which I am writing. Maybe because I'm swallowed in my own sadness. I'm alone, always alone. That doesn't bother me anymore, I've let go. When people say that the meaning of life is to spread joy, or anything hopeful like that, I can't help but shake my head. Life isn't meant to be optimistic. Shouldn't everyone have given up hope by now? Everyone is going to die. So then, what is the point of living? I know I'm not sure. The closest I've ever been to sure is: The meaning of life is to try to deserve not to die.

Why do philosophers search for something they may never find the answers to? Why do scientists continue learning even though they know that it is all in vain?

There is no point. We are all going to die.

Maybe people like to socialize, or maybe they like to save animals. There is no point. Everyone someone becomes friends with will die. If someone saves an animal, you are only delaying its death.

I'm not even sure why I'm writing this, but the truth must be heard! No amount of excuses will stop your death.

And then comes the sun. I'm sure everyone has one, something or someone that makes their lives worth living. And then you are reminded, no amount of unconditional love will stop their death. But maybe that's not the point. Maybe you try to love that person or animal or object as much as you can, before you die. Maybe it's not about love. Maybe it's about pain. Or maybe it's just about filling time until you die.

And even if the thing you love most dies, remember, your sun will rise again, and then nothing will drag your sun away.

As I said, there is no escape, there is no way to avoid it. And that's not the point. It's not the focus. Maybe you're too sad to realize, suns always rise.