Chapter 3

I didn't noticed I stopped before Yuki squeezed my hand. 

"I-is everything alright, G-Gea?" He asked softly, concern written all over his face.

Should I tell him to wait for me...? I wondered to myself. I didn't want him to be all alone in a crowded area, yet something told me to go check out the mysterious glow. 

I bit my lip, before looking up at him. "Actually, can you wait for me? There's something I want to look at." 

He frowned slightly, worry now covering his features. I felt terrible making my big brother this concerned about me, and I looked away. 

He then lifted my hand and pressed it against his chest, making me glance at him again in confusion. He gave me that look that told me he knew something was on my mind. I sighed, then led him to a corner. 

"Gea. P-please tell me what's wrong." Naoyuki insisted. I haven't heard him sound this persistent since he wanted to try going on stage. 

I lifted my head, and whispered, "I think I saw something glowing on the far end of the mall. Something tells me it's bad. I was going to check it out..." 

"B-by yourself?" He said in disbelief. I didn't reply, as I looked down again.

I was alone for many centuries, that sometimes I'd do things alone like this. But, I managed to stop doing that after a while. Now, the feeling of being alone was starting to come back, but I didn't know why.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, and my face was lifted by his hand. He looked into my eyes, as I looked into his. My face started to heat up as we stared at each other, and then he held my hand again.

"I'm coming with you."

W-what?! No, you can't! What if someth- I didn't realize I was using our connection until he answered in my head.

Yes, I am. I-I know you might not like it, but I'm not letting you go if it means you won't come back. I lost too many people, and I am NOT about to lose you, Gea. We'll go through it, a-and if it's nothing bad, we'll come back. Okay?

At this point, I felt as if we were in some sort of sad movie. A part of me wanted to force him to stay put... But I knew that Yuki wouldn't take no for an answer.

With no other choice, I nodded slowly. "Okay. But let's use our invisibility spells. I don't think anyone else sees the glow, but we can't let them see us."

"U-understood."

I closed my eyes and concentrated, before opening them and seeing him with a white glow surrounding him. I looked down at myself; I was glowing as well.

Our invisibility spells worked the same; we could see each other just fine, but ordinary people couldn't. We could transfer the spells to other people to make them invisible as well, but we had to hold their hand to guide them.

We walked out of the corner and headed to the far away glow, being careful not to bump into the other shoppers. When I turned the corner, I gasped in amazement.

It was a portal.

I haven't seen one in 5 years. The fact that there was one here, with so many people... Something told me it wasn't for fun.

"Okay. I'll go first." I replied softly.

Not waiting for an answer, I walked toward it, putting my leg through it first and slipping.

"WHOA- Oww!!"

I fell out the other side and landed hard on my back against... soil?

"What the...?"

"Gea?!" I flinched as Naoyuki landed right next to me, helping me sit up. "A-are you okay?"

I rubbed my right arm as I groaned. "Yeah... Just a bit sore."

I looked around and saw that we were in some sort of forest. The clouds were a light gray, and some of the trees were destroyed. The faint sound of screaming entered my hearing as I saw smoke in the distance. That made me furrow my brows in nervousness.

"W-where are we...?" Yuki asked, shaking a bit as he helped me stand.

I gripped his hand, slightly squeezing it to help him calm down.

"I don't know. But I have a feeling... this place isn't safe."
.
.
.

*AAAAANNNNDDDD We're done with another chapter of The Two Sides of the Hybrid! I hope you all enjoy!*