IV.

Jay couldn't believe it, but he had stayed awake throughout the entire night

Jay couldn't believe it, but he had stayed awake throughout the entire night. After the argument with Beyoncé, the two made sure they kept their distance. She was only in the mood to sleep so she went to bed while Jay stayed awake and mingled with their guests.

His mind was still stuck on Beyoncé sneakily talking to Nigel which only put him in an irritable mood for the rest of the night. Ty had known Jay for decades and knew when he wasn't feeling something. Beyoncé had also disappeared so he knew something had happened between the two.

Not wanting to question it and anger him even more, Ty announced he was leaving and everyone else knew that was their cue to follow. Before completely leaving, Ty gave his right-hand man a knowing look.

"I'll hit you tomorrow." Jay assured him, not wanting to talk about the issue at that particular moment.

He pulled the cigar away from his lips and admired how the sunrise reflected off the infinity pool. He was in his own world when he heard a voice behind him.

"Damn, you out here early." Adnis remarked, making himself comfortable in the lounge chair not too far from his son.

Jay gave his father a nod as a greeting, but remained quiet. Adnis could sense there was something wrong and knew Jay wouldn't say anything, so he took his chances.

"Did you sleep any?" He asked.

"Nah, couldn't sleep that's why I'm out here."

"Want to talk?"

Adnis was expecting for his son to immediately shut the issue down, but he was surprised when Jay actually began to express himself. It was always the small things as such that made Adnis' heart happy. His son being able to openly express his feelings made him feel good, but if it was one person Jay felt he could talk to it was most definitely his beloved and understanding father.

"I just can't believe he showed up here," He stated after giving his father a thorough backstory, "I'm not even mad at Beyoncé — I mean, that's just her. I can't change that. She'll always have a big heart and I love her for that, but am I wrong for wanting to protect who and what means the most to me?

"I get bad vibes from Nigel now," He continued to express, "And maybe Beyoncé don't get those vibes because we were brought up differently. She's never been around drug abusers and shit, but I have! And I know a fuckin' crackhead when I see one."

Adnis nodded, "And what if you're wrong about him?"

"Then I'll be wrong, I can deal with that. What I can't deal with is blatantly ignoring the signs and hoping he isn't this type of person when he is. My family comes first pops, you know that. What I'm trying to get through to her isn't that I hate Nigel, I'm just looking out for the people that means the most to me."