II.

"Good morning Mrs

"Good morning Mrs. Carter!" Beyoncé heard as she entered through the doors of her very own clothing store.

She gave her two opening associates a smile and returned the greeting, "Morning ladies! I brought you guys something."

Their eyes instantly fell to the cupholder Beyoncé held that fit three coffee cups. She grabbed her own before sitting the other two down on the counter before them so they could get their own as well.

Seeing that it was 7am on a Wednesday, coffee was most definitely needed. Thankfully, the store didn't open until 8:30am giving the ladies time to relax and indulge in their morning beverage.

"How was your morning?" Ashley, the store manager asked once they were all settled and taking sips of their coffee.

Beyoncé gave her a nod, "Not too bad. My kids actually woke up on time today, had their breakfast, and I sent them on their way. How was you guys morning so far?"

Ashley was hired as the store manager the same day Beyoncé bought out the space that was now all hers. Ashley had an amazing personality, and she also had previous experience in retail management so Beyoncé trusted her with managing her store. The two had a friendly friendship with the perfect boundary between being friends and being in business together. Ashley knew from the very beginning that she and Beyoncé would click just from their first encounter. Everything between the two happened so naturally and nothing was forced.

Tanya was Beyoncé's assistant manager and the perfect person she needed working alongside Ashley. The two were like day and night — Ashley was the sweetheart and Tanya was the stern one that didn't play any games when it came down to her job. Beyoncé loved them both for their personality and their amazing worth ethic. She and Tanya also had a great personal relationship, especially since Kelly and Cassie moved away leaving her no other choice but to branch out and make new friends.

"The usual," Tanya said with a sigh, "Girl you know I'm not a morning person, but I'm here!"

They shared a laugh and Beyoncé checked the time on her Audemars Piguet watch to see that time was definitely flying by.

"I have a meeting in a little bit so I'll be back in my office if you guys need me. Oh, and before we open, can you guys check inventory to see if any new jewelry came in yet? Please, thank you."

"I will!" Ashley offered.

Continuing onto her journey, Beyoncé hummed along to the Frozen theme song that was currently stuck in her head thanks to Rumi's many replays of the movie. She shook her head and smiled as she thought of her biggest blessings. It still amazed her that she had three little people to look after and they were growing every single day whether she liked it or not.

Sitting her belongings down, she signed into the Apple desktop and was immediately met with notifications and reminders for everything she had to get done in the next few hours. Before she could log into the Zoom app for her first meeting, her phone vibrated with a message from her husband.