08 ° Fairy Lights.

❝SOMEDAY I WILL GO BACK OUTSIDE AND SEE HER, OKAY.❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GENTLY WRINGING OUT HIS HAIR IN THE SHOWER, DIAVOLO SIGHED TO HIMSELF. Several rivulets of water dripped down his backside, forming puddles on the floor. The bathroom was silent, other than the dripping of water reverberating throughout the room. Running through his fingers through his long tresses, he continued to wring out water from his hair. By now, the water against his skin was cold, with every water droplet causing him to shiver from the temperature. Even if he knew that water would continue to drip from his hair, he kept wringing the water out.

"Why is there so much goddamn water?" He cursed, stepping out of the shower as his towel absorbed the remaining water.

Horrid.

He might as well slice off all of his hair Mulan-style and call it a day.

With a towel wrapped around his neck, Diavolo exited the bathroom and headed toward his bedroom. Ah, yes, of course. A man with nothing else to do in his life, spending his day at [Name]'s home, like a NEET would at their parent's house. It was frustrating. He couldn't even leave the house without fearing someone would recognize him as Doppio, questioning why his demeanor was different. He doesn't even remember when he began his role as "the Boss" for Doppio. It's been so long, yet it feels like no time passed at all.

If he remembers his past enough—maybe he'll recall the times with leopard-patterned hair. Even if he kept his mesh-wiring shirt, he still kind of regrets the bangs cropped and propped to the side. Blocking out his thoughts of the past, he continued to walk down the hall, the soft material of his dampened towel chafing against his bare skin. Soft footfalls followed his footsteps as he walked, leaving invisible trails behind him.

The hallway was empty, devoid of anyone else besides him. Well, he didn't know what he expected when he decided to stay with a veterinarian. That nagging bastard was always working as hard as he could, wasn't he? No wonder why he was so dedicated to his work. After that whole spiel he had the other day—Diavolo felt like he learned a little more about [Name]. For some reason, that fool enjoyed reading romance novels instead of thriller novels. Bad taste, [Name]. He couldn't help the disappointment bubbling inside him as he found out Hero Complex was a romance story, not a thriller one.

Diavolo, once more, let out an exasperated sigh, running a hand through his hair. Though—he quickly retracted his hand, murmuring to himself as he wiped the water off on his towel. His eyebrows furrowed as he clenched his fists, an unknown feeling bubbling in his chest. Whatever it was, it was bothersome to the max. Since when was he—Diavolo—distracted by something as trivial as the genre of a story? It was pathetic; pointless.

Yet, he felt like there was a part of him that cared for some reason.

He blinked—snapping out of his thoughts—staring into [color] eyes.