Chapter One - The Kingdom

Herobrine x Reader x Steve

(y/n) - your name
(f/c) - favorite color

Pale, serene sunlight slips past your cerulean curtains, lighting your eye lids and slowly awakening you. Miniscule droplets of moisture line the windowsill beside your head as spring flowers welcome the rising sun. Shimmering quartz walls and plush white bedding encompass your body, the soft material akin to clouds on your fingertips.
Not everyone has the luxury of waking up in such a way. The kingdom you reside in is complex and primarily organized into three districts. The kingdom of Mistral, a prosperous and wealthy land within Minecraftia, is known for its three succinct areas. District One, the most outer region which is ,primarily made up of farmers, ranchers, and the fisherman. They provide the produce for the kingdom, and guide visitors to their proper destinations. Evidently, District One is the poorest one. District Two is the middleclass. This sect regulates trade, construction, military and houses the joint-district education system. The crown strictly believes in free education for all of its classes. The final district, three, is the highest class. The castle resides within this district. This is the community you reside within, coming from a long lineage of nobles. Currency moderation, government, and the most esteemed peoples live here.

The reason Mistral is such a power within the world is due to the unique powers it holds. In addition to the districts, there is an exclusive zone in the city which is in fact floating in the air. This is made possible due to magic. Only the mages, royal family and skylords – those who control the air fleets – are permitted into this zone. Luckily for you, you are a mage in training.

Mage is a rather loose term since the definition is different between every person. The genetics of being able to control magic is hereditary, so families with these abilities are held with high regard. Your own skills are widely praised, no other known person has them. Many people can control elements or have weak abilities of teleportation and speed (usually only being able to be used once or twice a day without training.) But you have the ability to manipulate reality.

To the extent you have mastered, you can manipulate someone else's emotions, unless they're exceedingly distraught, and you can create illusions that play within a persons mind. You aren't amazing at these things, and currently can only maintain these things in short bursts, but you're developing your abilities in training.

Blinking the drowsiness away, you run a cold hand over your face before sitting up. Today was going to be another day of training, this time you get to work with an assigned partner. Who it's going to be is unknown as of yet. Stretching your limbs until slight cracks ruffle through your back, you stand up to prepare for the day.

~

Warmth grazes your cheeks when you exit your home, the sounds of the townspeople filling your ears. The journey to the academy is lovely, cobblestone paths lined with azure blossoms and gateways with hanging lanterns. Not to be mistaken, you are 19 but the schooling for magic never really stops. The cobblestone roads shift to wood as you enter District Two, the environment also significantly livelier as throngs of people mill around trading and conversating. The academy stands tall among the buildings with its dark oak structure and tilted roof. You smile, having the feeling that today is going to be a good day. You also know that you're going to see a dear friend once you enter.

Once inside, large windows and flickering torches guide you to the large room that you're meant to find. The path is ingrained, you could probably walk it with your eyes closed. Stopping at the spruce doors, you pop a small hop to energize yourself and get into spirit, let the meeting commence.

As the doors creak open, the faces of your peers and mentor greet you with, mostly, smiles. Catching the gaze of familiar sapphire eyes, a grin pulls at your lips whilst your feet lead you to sit beside your palsy-walsy classmate. The seat bends nicely along your back as you casually kick up your legs onto the table and glance to the side. "Hey Stevie." You greet amicably. Steve bumps his shoulder into yours in return, adjusting his eyes to the front since the mentor had begun to speak.