Chapter one

Mom always moved us around, teaching us to run from our problems, rather than facing them head on. I'm not like her in that side of things. I'm more like my dad she says. But unlike Ginny, I had never met my dad. Mom had me at the ripe age of 15, then had Ginny when she was 16. She claims we were both accidents, but who makes the same mistake twice. Especially when it's something like that. 

After Kenny died, Mom moved us away to Wellsbury, Massachusetts. Ginny hated Kenny, but I liked him. He got me. He used to let me work shifts at his yoga studio, which got me out of the house a lot. I was sad when he died. He was the one guy mom dated who actually cared for me and Austin. He would've cared for Ginny if she wasn't such an ass to him.

"Now why are you poutin' peach?" Mom asks as Ginny rolls her eyes at me. "Don't tell me you're actually sad about Kenny." Ginny snarls. "I'm sorry for having emotions like a normal HUMAN." I snap back. 

We pulled up to Wellsbury, to see a perfect, movie looking, town in which seemed ideal for me. It's nothing like where we lived before, this was by far the best place we've moved to. 

"It looks like Paul Revere boned a pumpkin spice latte." Ginny mumbles in her monotone voice. 

Ginny wasn't too impressed by the town, but me, I had hope that this was it. We pulled into the driveway of a nice, put together looking home, which mom had bought with the money she was getting from Kenny's will. Ginny and Austin took boxes into the new house, as I helped mom empty the car. I hear shouting from across the street, as a tall, brown haired boy, stepped out of a silver car. We locked eyes from opposite each other, as his mother continued to yell at him. We took the rest of our boxes inside, as the doorbell rings. 

"Ellen Baker." A blonde woman smiles. "I live just across the street." She adds. I let her inside, as she hands me a plate of cookies. "I'm Lainey, I think I saw you earlier." I chuckle as mom walks into the kitchen. I head upstairs, to find my bedroom, full of boxes. I open the curtains, to see the brown haired boy from across the street, through his bedroom window. Our eyes collide, as he signals a wave to me. I look away, and begin to unpack my stuff. 

*Lainey's bedroom*

*Lainey's bedroom*

After dinner, I help Ginny finish her bedroom, before I head back to mine to relax. I hear a light knock on my window, as I look up to see the boy from across the street, outside my window. I open the window, as I become confused as to what he was doing. 

"You just moved in right?" He says as he gives me a smirk. "Uh- what are you doing in my bedroom?" I question as he rests himself on my bed. "Marcus." He introduces himself as I sit on my desk chair staring at him. "Are you going to tell me why you're here Marcus?" I question. "Are you going to tell me your name?" He snaps back. I introduce myself, as he picks up one of my books from my shelf. "The great Gatsby," he chirps, gently opening the cover. "Interesting choice. I would never pick you to be a ready." He adds. "Same for you." I reply, snatching it from his hand and putting it back where he found it. 

He steps forwards, pressing his lips against mine. "What are you doing?" I ask as I pull away. "I should go." He stutters as he climbs out my window.