Chapter six

As I'm laying on my bed, my phone rings beside me. "Hello?" I answer with a sleepy voice. "Slow down Max, I can't understand you." but she remains crying her eyes out over the phone. I hang up, as I put a hoodie over my bra, and rush to her house.

I walk inside and storm into her room, where she's lay sobbing. I lie down next to her as she cuddles up next to me, digging her head into my chest. "It's Marcus. He got into an accident." she cries as my heart stops.

As Max is asleep lay on my chest, I hear the front door unlock, and Mrs Baker telling Marcus to be careful. They walk upstairs,  where I see a quick figure that belongs to him brush past the room. I wait for Mrs. Baker to walk away, when I sneak into his room, leaving Max fast asleep.

"hey loser" i mumble as i sit at the end of his bed. he turns over with a little groan out his mouth, to give me a small smirk. "how are you feeling?" i ask as i brush back his hair. "i mean apart from the fact that i have a concussion and fell in a ditch. alright it suppose" he says sarcastically as i hear a light knocking at his door. i turn around to see Padma, stood holding a card and chocolate. She walks in, kissing Marcus on his lips. "i should go." i say as i rush back home.