C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - O N E

Chapter Twenty One: Reversed Roles
Neveah's Pov

Yes. We had sex and things were...odd. I didn't know how to act around him and he left before I could wake up, I took that as a sign that he was avoiding me and I didn't know how to feel about that. Maybe I just wanted him around more, but I knew he was working hard to find Xylon. In the back of my mind I did feel kind of bad that I had slept with Carter, I was technically cheating on Leo. A part of me tells me that what I did was wrong, but the other part has no regrets of what I did.

The good news about all this was that Xylon was very much alive and breathing, Caleb had no intentions of hurting him but just wanted him a trophy almost - to help him become leader. The bad news was that Carters guys were being noticed around the city and that's exactly what we didn't want - unwanted attention.

I don't know what Carter's next plan was but I hope it was something good.

After thinking so much I stand up from laying on the bed and head downstairs to go give Leo a call. I'm disappointed that he never even called me to see how things were going. Penny called me every night and she still had a bad feeling about Carter, but I didn't. After the other day, I knew that Carter wouldn't hurt me.

He killed his whole family for saying what I had said, but this time he didn't resort to violence. I've now learnt that he doesn't want to hurt me, and maybe just maybe he cares about me, I mean he is still helping me find Xylon.

The phone rings for a while before Leo picks up the phone, he was breathless and I could hear him panting.

"Are you still alive?" I ask and the line goes silent before I hear him sigh.

"Very much so." He says plainly, I frown and sigh.

"What's wrong?"

"Absolutely nothing is fucking wrong Neveah, just how you run off with a man-"

"Hey baby, do you want a round two?" A small voice from the other end of the call is heard and I gasp.

"Who's that?" I ask and he stutters before mumbling a small,

"I have to go." That stung. Round two? Is he cheating on me? While I'm still searching for my missing son, he goes around and sleeps with other girls, not to mention while we're still together.

Exasperation passes through my veins at the thought but then I sigh realizing that I'm not any better, I've done the same thing. I slept with Carter. And he's sleeping with other people.

No matter how hard I tried to shift the blame on him, it would always come to be that I did the same thing, we were both at fault. We had both cheated in each other.

"What's wrong, Neveah?" A stern voice asks. I jump in shock and wipe the tears I never new had fallen.

"Yes, Carter. I'm fine." I breathe out, trying to tell myself that it was okay.

"No you're not," he sighs and sits down on the coffee table in front of me, "You're crying bebe."

There. There it was. That word right there. The look he gave me. The way he held my hand in reassurance. The way his skin felt on mine, the distance that was in between each other.

Carter has that power over me, almost as if he was my kryptonite. He has that power to clear my mind at the same time to cloud my mind with inappropriate images and feelings.

He makes me forget about Leo and makes me feel like I haven't done anything wrong.

"Neveah." He snaps me back to earth. I stare at those emerald eyes as he stares at my lips in lust.