C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F O U R

Chapter Twenty Four: Bang Bang!
Carter's Pov

I wanted to lie to her and tell her that we are still busy finding her son, for selfish reasons of course. I knew that after I find Xylon, things between me and Neveah would never be the same, I wouldn't be able to see her everyday. I wouldn't be able to come back home to her and see her sleeping so peacefully. I wouldn't be able to see that beautiful smile and to kiss her tears and to hold her hand. That would all be over. I see a wife in Neveah, she's forever. She's my forever.

But I have to do what's right, I can't wrong Neveah no matter how hard I try and I'm not going to deny it. I want to be able to see her happy with her son and for her life to be normal again. I want to make her happy.

"Carter, you're still here?" She asks coming down the stairs in her red silk night dress walking barefoot. Her hair  tied into a messy bun and her face looking fresh.

"Yes," I say and sigh packing up my work for the hotels into a briefcase. "I'm a about to leave but I have to tell you something." I put the briefcase down and hold her in my arms.

"I have a huge surprise for you when I get back home." She smiles and those brown eyes look up at me with so much hope.

"What is it?"

"Oh well it's not gonna be a surprise if I tell you." I say and she rolls her eyes, I laugh and bring her into my arms and hugging her for maybe the last time. I kiss her forehead and tell her to lock up when I leave.

"Bye." She waves and I blow her a kiss. A security guard walks me to the door and I look at him for a long time realizing that I don't recognize him at all. I shrug and I reach the lobby, heading to the front desk.

"Now." I see one of the other security guards whisper into a mic on his chest. None of my uniforms had mic's  on them this was very unusual and yet again, I still didn't recognize this other guard.

"Hey, Cherri." I say to the receptionist.

"It's Mariah." She says lowly.

"Yeah, um did we hire new security guards?" She furrows her eyebrows and shakes her head no. "You know come to think of it, Marcus wasn't by the door this morning. This entire morning actually."

I look at the door and see a security guard eyeing me. Something was going on here, I don't know who these people are or what they want.

"Call Tristan." I tell Mariah and she runs off. I scratch my head trying to figure out what the fuck was going on here, I feel like I am being watched, spied on. I take a deeper look at the security guards and notice they're uniform.

"You called for me sir?"

"C.R" I whisper to myself reading the initials of the vests they have on.

"Boss?" He asks and realization hit.

"Caleb Rivera. Shit, Tristan! FUCKING GET NEVEAH!"

"What?"

"TOP FLOOR IDIOT, GET NEVEAH!" I run up to the elevator with Tristan and I see the security guards whispering something into their mics. The elevator door closes and I look at Tristan and he hands me some firearms from his bag.

"Loaded?" I ask cocking the gun.

"Yes." Finally the doors open and I'm faced with guns at my head, Tristan shoots both of them and I manage to sneak away looking for Neveah.

"Neveah?!" I yell and head up to her room and see nothing, panic runs through my body. "Neveah? Neveah?!"

"CARTER!" I hear her yell my name multiple times. At the moment her voice was saturated in fear and for the first time in forever I felt myself becoming fearful too. I fear the thought of losing Neveah and to never see her smile again. I am scared.

I barge open in the bathroom and a gun was held to my Neveah's head. I take note of the scene in front of me:

Neveah's pants are pooled on the ground, her panties still covering her. The guard has his belt off but nothing further has been done.

Neveah's hands are held tightly behind her back by the guard with one arm and the other with a gun towards her head.

Blood boils through my body as I realize that this retard was about to rape Neveah, take advantage of her.

"Drop the gun, put you FUCKING HANDS IN THE AIR." The guard yells and cocks the gun, pointing it at Neveah, her beautiful face is soaked in tears and her eyes begging for help. I have never seen her that scared, it scared me even more. "PUT THE FUCKING GUN DOWN!"

I put the gun down on the bathroom floor and put my hands up in the air. What scares me even more was that I had no shield plan, I have nothing to safeguard Neveah and myself, I don't know how this would end for all of us.

"Boss!" I heard Tristan say behind me and the guard moves his gun from Neveah and towards the door.

"Tristan don't shoot-"

BANG! BANG! BANG!

Authors note:

Hi 🙂
I hope you're enjoying this story! I will be updating regularly for the next two weeks since I don't have school ( grade 10 is a lot 😣) make sure to vote and comment so you can get a shoutout at the beginning of the chapter!

Oh! Also something important, this book IS NOT EDITED. There are a lot of mistakes and I will fix them once I'm finished with the book.

Next update will be published on Sunday ❤️