Chapter 6

The Busy Bee Cafe was a classic 1950's red and black jukebox diner with red booths and swivel chairs. 

As Double Dee and Eddy opened the doors of the café, they were greeted by their group who took a 6 seater booth towards the back.

One one side of the booth had Nazz, Kevin and Rolf while the other side had Sarah, Jimmy and Jonny. 

Ed was sitting by his sister's side of the booth using an outside red chair that sat on the edge of the booth.

Eddy and Double waved hello at the group as they took out two chairs and sat next to each other on the leftover space of the outside part of the booth.

"Hey dudes what's up?" Nazz said as the two sat down in their chairs.

"Oh nothing much. Sorry for being late this morning, did we miss anything? " Double Dee asked.

"No, but you both missed out a lot yesterday. What happened to you guys? You left the reunion early, before we could get a chance to ask you to join us for dinner." Sarah asked in concern.

"I didn't feel too well and Double Dee offered me a ride home." Eddy explained.

"Oh, that's awful. I hope you feel better now." Nazz said, thoughtfully.

"Yeah, I was at least grateful that an old friend was kind enough helped me out back there." Eddy said looking over at Double Dee with a half-smile. 

Double Dee looked over at him and smiled back but before turning away again which now left Eddy a little worried.

Did I offend him that bad back there? What was it that he was going to say just before we got out of the car? Eddy wondered, understanding over time that Double Dee may not have been as happy as he presumed to be up in New York. 

Meanwhile, everyone else resumed in conversation. 

"So Sarah, since we're all here, what's the big secret?" Jonny asked.

"Well, me and Jimmy wanted to let you all know that...we're getting married!" Sarah squealed as she holds out her hand with a little diamond ring on her finger.

"Oh my gosh you guys that so cool." Nazz said excitedly.

"Sweet" Kevin complimented.

"Congratulations. Plank and I will defiantly be there" Jonny said with a thumbs up.

"When are you two going to get hitched?" Nazz asked.

"We figured that 6 weeks from now should be the perfect time." Jimmy said, holding Sarah's hand.

"Woah man isn't that a little too fast in advance?" Kevin asked, curiously.

"Well, we figured that it'll be better to have a wedding that short notice. That way you all can come and be there for us." Sarah explained.  

"Ah yes. Summer is indeed the most fruitful time of the year to be together in matrimony" Rolf said sophistically. 

"Alrighty then. Well what do you want us to do?" Nazz asked while laughing at Rolf's silly play on words.

"First, things first. Nazz, you will have the honors of being my Maid of Honor. My big brother Ed will be the best man while the rest of you except for Rolf will be the groomsmen." Sarah announced.

"Well what role does Rolf have the honors of Sarah?" Rolf asked, excitedly.

"You get to be our priest. You said your father was a rabbi once right?" Jimmy asked.

"Yes and he was the greatest as will I be the best pastor in Peach Creek." Rolf said, proudly.

"Sounds good. Where are you guys having the wedding at?" Nazz asked.