Chapter 30

UNEDITED

He's back

In the middle of the night I went to the forest, alone. I need to calm down myself because my mind is hazy and....weird. I can't recall what happened on the afternoon but I can tell there are blurry scenes playing in my mind.

I found myself watching the lake and it's glittering because of the moon. I sit down the ground. The wind is normal, its calming. The cloak hide my face. I heard footsteps from afar, footsteps from a wolf. It's growling towards me like I'm an enemy.

"Don't come...near me." I whispered.

I don't like to hurt animals but the wolf keeps coming to me and it's ready to devour me. I heard the wolf cry out in a high pitched voice. I went my sight to the wolf, someone shot him...an arrow. Those similar arrow. I think he's back and footsteps coming to me.

Bloods keeps rushing on the ground that comes from the wolf. I vanish myself and went to the wolf. I heard gasped coming from him. The wolf is no longer breathing because he was shot in the heart, a bulls eye. I buried the wolf. The man behind me, stays silent. I wash my hands after burying the wolf.

"I finally came back here. I can freely enter the world of witches." He started to explained without asking him. He's wearing a white clothes, his uniform as a captain.

"The queen let you pass here." I sit down away from him.

I still keep watching the flow of the water, it's like an invisible string it keeps pulling me. He went towards me, standing beside me.

"It's nice to have a friend." He stated. "It's fun. I hope you can remember the past." He added.

"Why are you here?"

"The queen ordered me to guard you." My mother think that I'm going away. I understand now.

"Everything has changed pero hindi mo naman kasalanan kung bakit umiba ang dalawang mundo na kinabibilangan mo. In this state it's like before bumalik ako sa pagiging personal guard. Nakakamiss pero ako ang unang naging kalaban mo....kumbaga, mortal enemy." He laughed. He's reminiscing the past but for me it's like listening a story from a storyteller.

"What did I do before when we were kids?" I asked. In my peripheral vision I saw him looking at me. He smiled playfully and began to sit beside me.

"You're interested." I keep quiet waiting the story he will tell.

"No one knows about you except your mother. The queen gave birth to you in a secret place where no one can see her. She's alone, she endure the pain. During her pregnancy, Princess Arizona ruled the kingdom while she's away. Her sister didn't know about her real situation but Princess Arizona still ruled the kingdom. After 5 years spending time with you she decided to go back as a queen. She ordered me to guard you. I'm only a young kid that time but I have already a duty to guard you. I was so happy that I'm going to guard the queen's daughter and that time I didn't know you're a half blood." He chuckled.

"One day, one of the elders secretly spying on us. She saw you revealing your vampire side and it's my first time seeing a half vampire. She spread the rumors to her co elders and to Princess Arizona. At first, they didn't accept you because the queen keep the secret by herself but Arizona accepted you as her niece." He continue.

"Where is he now?" I asked him. Testing him if he knows about the deep reason about the chaos.

"The queen told me that Princess Arizona went away like a journey. Princess Arizona like adventure, they're exactly opposite. Queen Amelia likes royal duties while Princess Arizona likes adventure." He replied. So, he doesn't know about the real score between the royal sister.