The Valentines Dance

Hermione pulled her gold and red tie off from around her neck, changing into her outfit.

She had to look perfect.

Everything was planned.

She would meet Ron at the top of the stairs, and they would go down to the masquerade ball like a proper couple.

And this time, she thought, I won't get distracted by Viktor.

She took out her wand, using a quick spell to tie her hair up in an elegant updo which would have taken muggle Hermione hours.

She placed a glittering purple mask around her head, tying the ribbon into a loving bow.

As she walked down the marble stairs, she spotted a figure.

"Ron!"

She ran towards him, almost tripping in her high heels, and flung herself into his arms.

He was dark, tall and handsome, with a black mask, inset with the jewels that were probably the ones he had been awarded for helping to kill Voldemort.

She stroked back a lock of his hair, and frowned.

"Have you used a bleaching charm?" Hermione asked, for the hair was a dirty blond.

He nodded.

She smiled, and laid her hand on his arm and they made their way to the Great Hall.

McGonagall greeted them.

She was wearing an enchanted mask that made her look like a tabby cat.

It had whiskers that twitched when she moved her nose, and her robes matched, with a tail at the end, curled around her feet.

The music began to play from the huge gramophone, and Hermione and Ron danced a sweet Viennese waltz.

One, two, three, one, two, three, One, two, three, lift, two, three,

One, two, three, lift, two, three,

And spin.

Just as the music ended, a redhead burst through the door.

It was Ron.

Hermione looked at him in shock, mouth open.

She turned to the boy beside hee., ripping of his mask.

It was Draco Malfoy!

"What?!?"

"Listen, Hermione, I'm sorry..."

"Don't be." she said.

She kissed Draco, and love hearts flew between them.

When they finally broke apart, all Hermione said was "Damn George Weasley."