Just Making Coffee

The pic up top is of Rillen

Rillen sits in Hailey's desk chair and spins. "So, what do we do? Ignore your . . . mom, or do what she says?"

"Well, she said that the world will be destroyed if we don't find this special diamond. I guess we have too." Hailey heaves a deep sigh. "I dont know where to start though." Hailey tried to calm her nerves, on the outside she looked calm and collected, but man, on the inside her stomach churned like a cookie doe mixer. Her mind was going crazy! The woman that had been missing for her entire life, was now asking her to do the impossible! I'm sure Rillen is feeling the same about his dad, I have to keep it together for him.

Rillen sits up in the chair, "We should figure out which gods are our parents. M-mabey then we can contact them and ask for advise!" He seemed so excited. A smile tugs at Hailey's lips.

"Why are you so happy?" Hailey flopped down on her bed. "I mean, a person whom you've never met before, asks you to do these little thing for him. I feel mad, not sad, or happy. I'm mad! And I don't want to do shit for them!" Her eyes stayed on the ceiling as she spoke, her voice now barely a whisper. "I'm doing this for dad, and Rillen, and everyone else I love, not you." Forget keeping it together, she was about to burst into tears!

Before she could humiliate herself, the door opens and keys jingle. "Hey sis, I'm home!" Her sister, Siana, (sorry for using this name so much I just really like it) runs up the stairs to her bedroom door. She peeks her head in, "I got you coffee- oh, hey Rillen! Haven't seen you in a while." He nods to her, and smiles. She is dressed in a white blouse, with a red and black flannel over it, for pants she has black ripped jeans, over her carmel hair she has an NYC beanie.

Hailey props herself up with her elbows, "Why are you dressed like a skatergirl?"

Siana, crossed her arms and said, "At least I'm not dressed like you. Here Rillen, do you want Haileys coffee?"

"Sure, I'll take free coffee." He took a sip, and made a disgusted face. "Where is the sugar and cream!?"

"I know right? Hailey likes it black. There is sugar and creamer down stairs if you want some."

She is so lucky, Hailey thinks, she dosen't have to worry about this kind of thing. Rillen stands up, making the chair slowly spin in a circle. "I'm gonna go fix this coffee. You comin'?"

Hailey stands up and heads to the door. "I'll be in my room. Peice!" Siana says, she held up two piece signs, and walked down the hall to her room. Hailey leads Rillen down the stairs and into the kitchen. She opens a cupboard and stands on her tipy toes.

"Here," she hands him a contaner filled with suger. Rillen takes it, and puts in a scoop. "Do you want the half & half?" He nods.

"Thanks," he says, pouring in a bit of creamer. They stand there awkwardly, as Rillen finishes.

They sit in the living room, and continue to talk about how to figure out with god is their parent. It's pretty quiet because they'd been whispering.

All of a sudden, a bedroom door opens, "Why is it so quiet?" Yells Siana's voice.

"We're just making coffee!" Rillen yells back.

"Oh, ok? I'll be on my phone, so if you text me I'll see." She answers.

"Ok." Rillen and Hailey say in unison.