CHAPTER 2: Katherine

I dashed down the deserted and empty streets, lit only with the full moon and a bizarre oil lantern. How unusual Wadsworth Street was only a few blocks away from my own residence, usually I would have had to take the taxi for homicide cases, but today was different. In Elidia, homicides mostly occur in the poorer areas of Elidia, but today it was at Wadsworth Street, a highly wealthy and aristocratic neighborhood. No matter how much you hate the nobles of Elidia, no one including the Aelidian Alliance dared to do anything to the nobles, since they are one of the closest companions of the Eldian royals. If you dare hurt the nobles of Elidia, then you are most likely to get your tongue cut off or if you're lucky, go into prison for a good decade. A murder at on a Noble domain. The murder is most likely not a rookie, everyone in Elidia knows the consequences, and the murder must be someone who does not fear the consequences or knows they have the ability to not get caught. The EPD (Elidia Police Department) is not dealing with an amateur.

"Kate! Over here! You got called here today?" yelled a familiar voice.

I turned around and saw two officers who were patrols of the 6th precinct of the Eldia Police Department. The three of them went to the academy together, used to work with each other when all three of them were police officers and were lucky and unlucky to work together.

Sergeant Grace Menkeen. A genius marksman, hysterical, and a social butterfly. A 22-year-old who is known as one of the wildest and enthusiastic police officers in the 6th precinct. Sergeant Menkeen has a petite height (shortest of the three) with short velvet blood hair and dark brown eyes. Her role in the trio is the joker, the chaotic loudmouth person. Her criminal record is most likely the murder of many pineapples, and also the person who makes Ambrose Solstice go mad.

Lieutenant Ambrose Solstice. A responsible, somewhat serious, kind-hearted, organized, and probably says ketchup is spicy. A 24 year old known as the old man in the 6th precinct. Lieutenant Solstice is tall, athletic, tan, dirty blond (but it looks more like a brunette), green eyes, and has messy hair (like bed hair). His role in the trio is the person who says "We can't do that! We are going to get in trouble!" and also the person who does all the paperwork early and neatly. His criminal record is absolutely nothing since he is a goody-two-shoes, but he is always thinking of sewing Grace's mouth shut so she can shut up.

Both of them immediately glowed when I looked at them smiling. Perhaps they got sick of each other when they were together for a long time. Ambrose lifted his chin and beamed, "Thank god you're here! I was worried that I would be here with Menkeen for a whole night, imagine my sanity tomorrow."

Grace sarcastically looked offended, put her hand in her chest, pretended to fall down from sorrow, and said, "Oh imagine your sanity tomorrow, I would have your elderly man attitude smashed to pieces, and rebuild you as an outgoing man!"

Ambrose gawked at Grace and scoffed, "At least my so called 'elderly personality' lets me do my paperwork, unlike a lady who doesn't do any paperwork and gets yelled at every day."

As Grace opens her mouth to argue back, I quickly talked so this pointless argument could end, "There has been a murder in 27 Wadsworth Street and the murder escaped, we better move along, if you two argue for who knows how many hours, you guys are going to be with each other for the entire night."

"You're right Kate. We better move along, Detective Revere is going to come soon with more backup," said Ambrose.

"Isn't Captain DyPolo coming today?" questioned Grace.

Dear Lord, DyPolo? DyPolo is one of the most unlikeable guys I have ever met, even worse than the bully in 2nd grade, whom I despised, but DyPolo hates me, and I don't know why but it's fine since the feeling is mutual.