CHAPTER 1: Katherine

October 20, XX29

Tonight, the moon is going to be a full moon. The most dreaded nights are always on a full moon. The infamous Aelidian Alliance strikes every half-moon, the Aelidian Alliance is a crime group that is primarily only Aelidians citizens who want to get vengeance on Elidia for conquering their land and taking over the nation once called Aelidia. The Aelidian Alliance only targets nobles and citizens who support the Royals. No one knows why they specifically target them. All I know is I'm going to be out here for a long night and going to see all the horrible crimes the Aelidian Alliance commits. Today I'm assuming either The Crow would strike tonight, since they haven't been active lately, and I'm sure they are bored of not doing any grisly murder or bombing school and seeing the joy of breaking apart people's hearts. I despise The Crow, the monstrous person who wears a mask covering his face and hair, that monster who kills innocent lives with a sword and dagger, the psychopath who killed the person who could relate and connect with me. I will find him and bring justice for him.

The ring of the telephone snapped me out of my thoughts. A call at this hour could only mean one thing. I picked up the receiver.

"Hello? Detective Katherine Hortensia here."

A pause.

"There is an emergency. There has been a murder in 27 Wadsworth Street." said the voice with great urgency.

I narrowed my eyes.

"27 Wadsworth Street? I'll be right there."

I hung up the phone and turned off my lamp, so much for relaxation in one full moon day. How stupid am I? There's a dead person in need of justice.

Once I was back in the back of my room, I had to quickly shed the nightgown. It took just a few minutes to put on my uniform (which consisted of a long coat, shirt, and pants), strap on my gun and threw my long coat over my shoulder. The light brown fabric of wool crinkled slightly as I threaded my arms through the sleeves. Luckily my hair was already up. The entire process took less than four minutes. I left the room and made sure to close my study door on my way down the hall.

If The Crow does strike today, I swear to heaven and hell that I will capture him.