Chapter 1

I slowly crawl to the open front door, the street light filtering in from the dark outside. I held the side of my lower ribcage, as someone rebelled and stabbed me there. I could hear distant footsteps quickly getting closer, as I was crawling towards the exit. Someone roughly grabbed the back of my shirt and pulled me from the ground, picking me up and slamming me into the wall next to the door. I groan in pain as they yell at me.

"WHERE DID HE GO?!?" It was a peer, someone else who went to the *grand party* and got attacked. "I-I don't know. I didn't see him go out here." I lied. I knew my way around the human brain and how to pick up certain things. That was going to be my job; being a psychiatrist. I didn't actually see them leave, as they were me. I was the person who killed so many of my peers, and tricked so many more into thinking it was someone else.

He roughly ditched me on the ground, letting me cough up more blood from the wound. "Fine then. Guess we'll have to be extra careful, then." The teen walked away, leaving me to slowly get up and walk away. I stumbled a bit before I regained balance and went to the nearby tree, which had a treehouse in it. I was unsure if I could climb the rope without being seen, and in general because of my wound.

I started to climb the wooden slats suspended by thick rope, it wiggled every time I shifted my weight to climb higher. I eventually got to the top, someone helping me get up. It was my partner in crime, wearing a duplicate of the outfit I wore to kill.

"I see you got stabbed. Did you do that yourself or-" Their voice was high and low pitched, the work of our voice modulator. "One of the survivors stabbed me. I'll survive until the last of our plan. Your turn, by the way. I'll call them to taunt em' a bit." My partner nodded, their eyes breaking from mine and went to the ladder. "There's a medkit by the-" "Bed. I know. Now go have fun bud." I playfully punched my colleague as they went over to the ladder and started to climb down.