Chapter Two - part one

Her blonde hair spilled over her shoulders, similar to an attractive waterfall scented like Cherry Pinwheel Cookie shampoo from Philosophy. Brown eyes energetic, she twirled, the multiple layers of red skirt flaring up around her. "Your girlfriend's gorgeous, and she looks hot in that dress," Ashton stage whispered in my ear.

Hearing the compliment, Alana rolled her eyes, playfully swatting him on the arm. "Shut up!" She laughed. "But thanks. Do I really look good? Or are you just saying that to get on Luke's nerves?" Smirking, she ran a hand carelessly through my hair, pushing it back and away from my face so she could look into my eyes - it seemed to be one of her favorite activities.

Chuckling, Ashton shrugged. "To be totally honest... both."

I didn't really care when the boys said things like that, and they said things like that a lot. I knew she was hot. I knew she looked amazing in everything. I knew she was most likely smarter than all of us combined. I knew all of these things, but I was fine with hearing them come out of somebody else's mouth. I also knew that none of the boys would even dare try to take her away from me. That's probably why I didn't mind.

Turning to me, she didn't even try to disguise the hopeful look on her face. "Luke? What're your thoughts?"

The sleeveless dress, made of some fancy material that she later told me was chiffon, fell perfectly to just above her knees. A low v-neckline allowed for her heart-shaped golden locket to be shown off, but it was high enough as to not show to much skin or look anything close to slutty. From her shoulders to her waist it was tight-fitted, but the skirt was full and perfect for spinning, which appeared to be a favored hobby of hers.

To me, it looked like the kind of dress that, on her, would leave anyone speechless and head-over-heels.

I didn't tell her that.

"You look beautiful," I decided to understate her appearance.

"I love it." She twirled again, this time less gracefully - nearly falling over, she grabbed onto Ashton's head for support before tumbling into my lap. Giggling, she stood back up. "That never happened."