Chapter 124 - Surprise!!

Xin Mei rubbed her eyes when she saw the person who was standing in front of her. She thought she was imagining that person in her tiredness.

She rubbed her eyes and pinched her hand but the same person was still standing in front of her.

"Husband," she squealed loudly and rushed towards him.

Su Yuchen opened his arms wide and let his wife hug him. Xin Mei jumped on him and tightly wrapped her arms around him. Su Yuchen also wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tight.

Both husband and wife hugged each other tightly. They took in the fragrance of one another. Both of them had missed one another a lot and now in the arms of their loved one, they were feeling calm and serene.

Su Yuchen hugged Xin Mei tight, not letting her go. He placed his head on her shoulder and closed his eyes, feeling peaceful.

Ah! Finally, he was in heaven. He never thought, one day he would miss someone so badly, more badly than Mian.

"What are you doing here?" Xin Mei broke the hug and looked at him with wide eyes.

"I was in a neighboring city, to attend some meeting. I thought why not visit you? I have missed you so much and your arms are a welcoming home to me."

Su Yuchen tiredly placed his head against her and looked in her eyes. Xin Mei smiled and caressed his cheeks before anxiety took over her senses.

"But what if someone saw you? You know we are a secret couple."

Su Yuchen could see the fear in her eyes, so he spoke with assurance, "don't worry. I have made all the arrangements. No one will know that I have come here. Don't worry. Now again hug me."

Su Yuchen again pulled Xin Mei in his arms. He gently stroked her hairs and back, confirming that Xin Mei was really in his arms, he wasn't seeing a dream like all other nights.

Once satisfied with the hug, Su Yuchen broke it and looked at the face of Xin Mei.

"By the way, what have you done to your face?" he asked and with concern ran his hand over her cheeks.

"Oh, this is makeup. I forget to remove it in the excitement of seeing you. Let me go to the bathroom to remove it."

Xin Mei was about to run in the bathroom when Su Yuchen stopped her. "Let me help you."

Su Yuchen carried her to the bathroom and made her sit on the washbasin counter. "Where is your makeup remover?"

"On the vanity table."

Su Yuchen nodded his head and went to retrieve some cotton and makeup remover. Meanwhile, Xin Mei dangled her legs not believing her husband had really come to meet her, how sweet!

Su Yuchen returned to the bathroom. He poured makeup remover on the cotton swap and started to remove makeup of Xin Mei. His movements were very gentle when he rubbed the cotton on her skin.

He felt bad that Xin Mei had to apply so much makeup on her delicate skin. With makeup, her skin would become rough. What if she lost her natural beauty?

"Wife, you should not apply so much makeup. You are naturally beautiful. You don't need makeup." He scolded her lightly.

"I know." Xin Mei shrugged. "My beauty is the reason that I have to apply makeup. The last scenes required me to look ugly."

"Still, from next time try to avoid it. I don't want your skin to have any reaction because of makeup."

"Don't worry." Xin Mei took his hand and squeezed it. "I also care about my skin. I am applying creams on my face so it doesn't have any effect of makeup."