five

hey besties !!!

this is a very exciting chapter indeed.

it may seem a little rushed but it's a short story and i'm banking on 10 chapters lol

anyway ily all

:)

"dude you're hanging out with jack so much. make time for me." daniel pouted, grabbing zach's shoulders.

it was monday and they were at lunch.

zach rolled his eyes. "dani we hung out yesterday."

"so?"

"dani he likes him. that's why he's spending so much time with him." jonah nudged daniel.

"i do not!" zach crossed his arms over his chest, a pout firmly on his lips.

"liar." jonah singsonged and took a bite of his sandwich.

"who's lying?" jack sat next to zach and took his backpack off.

"no one." zach quickly looked at jonah with a glare.

"okay?" jack chuckled and pulled his lunch out.

zach cleared his throat and cleaned up his mess. "i'm going to the nurse. my back hurts so bad today. i think i'm going to call my dad."

"i can take you."

zach looked at jack and smiled. "that's okay. i have to use the bathroom too and i don't want you to waste your lunch. i'll see you later though."

jack nodded. "okay. hope you feel better."

"thank you." zach put his gloves back on and pushed himself away from his friends and to the office. "hi miss sharron."

"hey zach. need linda?"

zach nodded. she went back and zach followed.

"linda? zach's here." miss sharron opened the door for zach. "want me to call your parents?"

"yes please. my dad should be available right now."

"ah zach what's up?" linda stood up from her desk. "is it your back?"

zach nodded. "yeah i think sitting all day is catching up to me."

"alright. can you get yourself up there or do you need help?"

"i think i got it. thank you."

he transferred himself to the small bed as linda grabbed the heating pad his mom gave to them.

"your dad should be here in twenty minutes." miss sharron peaked her head into the room.

zach thanked her as he rolled onto his stomach. linda fixed his legs and plugged the heating pad in, setting it on his lower back.

he closed his eyes and let out a breath.

he must have dozed off because his dad was there when he opened his eyes.

"hey bud. ready to go?" josh pulled zach's chair closer to the cot. zach nodded and his dad helped him roll over before picking him up. he fixed his legs and grabbed his backpack for him.

zach closed his eyes and set his hands in his lap. his dad checked him out of school and pushed him to the car.

his dad got him in the car and drove them home. the drive home was quiet. zach just wanted to lay down.

which is exactly what he did when they got home. he laid down and closed his eyes.

he hoped his back would feel better when he woke up.