𝕮𝖔𝖗𝖕𝖘

Monique DuBois stood, back to her companion as she sipped from her glass elegantly.

"You know what you're doing here, right?" the woman turned, awaiting the other figure's answer.

The figure, a lean Asian boy with black hair and eyes to match, was resting on the couch. He gave a nod and Monique returned to looking out the window, satisfied. "Good boy, Elle. Be sure to be ready for tomorrow"

꧁✧꧂

Elle Trichez stalked through the Archer School of Ballet anxiously, examining himself quickly in one of the glass doors. He looked down at himself, Mme. DuBois wanted Elle to look a bit more presentable today because there would be press roaming around the school —not for him, of course but Monique DuBois was the type of lady that liked to have all of her bases covered.
Elle's spare hand played with the hem of his shirt, not one he'd necessarily pick out for himself but one he wasn't opposed to wearing. It was a deep red, made of soft fabric with loose sleeves and flowing ribbon-like strips of material running down from his collar, Elle had also been convinced to wear thin black pants made of silky material that clung to his legs as violin case thumped rhythmically against them. Elle soon found himself rounding a corner and he took a long breath before stepping into the practice room hesitantly.

He carried the case over to the corner of the room, setting it down on the floor as he collapsed against the wall. 

Meanwhile, across the room, the students of the Archer School of Ballet were warming up and eyeing the newcomer warily.

Elle stared right back, pulling a thin ink pen out of his sleeve and a small black notebook from his back pocket. He stands there in silence, mentally fending off the peculiar stares from the hostile dancers.

Elle scanned the room, briefly making eye-contact with a small group of dancers that were clearly talking about him. Elle relaxed against the wall, hand delicately tracing the pen down the page of his small book while his ears listened to whatever rumors were being spread about him.

"He's just an accompanist, Shane." One of the girls whispered.
"Bullshit." A male voice answered, one Elle assumed to belong to Shane.

"You see the way he walked in? He carries himself like a dancer, like one of us" Shane continues, Elle hopes the students don't notice the tips of his ears turning red.

"And look at the way he's dressed and look at his body—"

Another male voice laughs, cutting Shane off. "Just say you think he's handsome and be done. Besides, why would he be here if he wasn't an accompanist?"

Elle could practically feel the eye roll as Shane responded. "I don't know! That's what I'm trying to figure out."

The other boy laughed again. "I'll just ask after class, ok?"

Elle's eyes drifted up from his paper to see who was talking, landing on a brunette with blue eyes. The Blue eyes flicked up to meet Elle's own and sent him a deterrent look. Elle shuddered, returning his attention to the small notebook in his hand.

The stiff atmosphere of the practice room is shattered as the school's newest addition threw open the glass doors.

Elle watched as the figure flitted from barre to barre in a panic, looking for a spot to call her own, Elle thought he remembered seeing her before but he couldn't put his finger on it...

As he thought, Elle inwardly thanked her for taking all of the pressure and attention off of him.

Elle pushed himself off the wall as Topher Brooks' voice filled the room. The young violinist slipped his pen up his sleeve as he unlatched his instrument's case with his foot. As Elle pocketed the notebook and the dancers got into position, the boy lifted his bow and began to play.