one.

Harry's kookoo clock bell chimed when it hit 12:00, the sound muffled from downstairs. It was an old thing Harry didn't really care about, but had. It was his grandmother's, so he kind of felt the duty to keep it once his mother died of cancer.

He lived alone in a normal, lower middle class house that needed a new paint job. It wasn't that he couldn't afford it, it was just pure laziness on his part.

Although the sound of the clock was soft, Harry's eyes opened immediately and he sat up in bed.

Louis should be calling soon, balling his eyes out and threatening to kill himself. It was a weird relationship, that the two shared.

They weren't dating, and they weren't friends, but they knew every single thing about the other, and fucke d each other once in awhile when times got desperate.

Just as Harry predicted, his phone's screen lit up and Louis' frowning face appeared. It was scarce seeing Louis smile, especially when you asked to smile for a picture, he hated pictures. He answered.

All that he heard now was sobs. Deep, heart wrenching sobs that Harry wished he could stop. He knew the trick to get them to slow down, until eventually vanishing, but he wouldn't do it until Louis asked.

"I had Mac n Cheese today," Harry said, and threw his comforter off of him. He got out of bed, went to his charger outlet, and grabbed his iPod.

"I had nothing."

Another pain to Harry's heart. Just like usual.

It wasn't love that made him feel this way, it was just the fact that his long-term 'acquaintance' was in the gutter. Stuck.

There were a few sniffles and then the sound of Louis blowing his nose. "C-could you play me some music?"

Harry sighed, turning on his iPod and clicking on YouTube.

Louis could just as easily turn on his laptop or phone and play some music himself, but he liked when Harry did it for him, knowing he was listening to the music as well.

It was comforting, listening to the music play through his phone speakers and in the background, Harry's breathing and shuffling as he switched positions to get more comfortable.

The line was completely silent as Harry pressed play. It was The Fray, Louis' favorite band. Harry didn't care much for his type of music, modern day music they overplayed on the radio is what suited him.

When the song ended, Louis shared his thoughts. "I was so close, Harry."

He knew what Louis meant.

Harry just played another song from them.

And when that ended, Louis spoke up again.

"I almost did it. And I would've regretted it. Because you'd end up crying. And you'd have to take care of my body."

It was all true. Harry would cry. And he would have to plan out his funeral. His parents weren't in the picture, even if their faces were in it, a fake smile on their faces. A mere illusion of pure family love.

Another song. Louis' thoughts.

And then another.

"I've gotta go, Harry."

"Alright."

The line went dead.