warheads

-bell rings-

ME: hey where were you this morning? I have been looking for you since I got to school.

HIM: sorry, I went to go pick something up...

ME: oh, well I was worried you should have texted me.

HIM: awww you worried

-i shove him a bit-

HIM: i'm just playinggg don't got to get all mad, even though it's kinda cute

ME: hmm? Whats that? Kinda cute? Awww you think im cute

HIM: alright alright I get it, lets got to class

TEACHER: welcome back class, I hope you all enjoyed the summer. We will be assigning seats today so please line up at the closets

-everyone moves-

ME: I hope I don't have to sit next to you

HIM: oh trust me I know you want to

TEACHER: quiet please

-points at me and him-

You two sit here

ME: just my luck

HIM: yea isn't it nice?

ME: mhmm sure

-class goes by-

HIM: alright, I need to go to my last class but can we meet up later before afterschool, I need to talk to you about something

ME: uhh okay, the locker room?

HIM: sure, see you

ME: see you

I wonder what he needs to talk to me about

-at the locker room-

I waited for a good 15 minutes by the locker room waiting for him to show up. He never did, I didn't even see him at afterschool and he didn't answer my texts. I was worried at this point.

He has been my best friend since first grade. I still remember the first day we met. It was during class and after lunch the teacher let us play games. We both chose to play candyland. Ever since then we were best friends.

Now we are seniors in high school and I have developed these feelings that were a little more than just a love for my best friends.

He was always very popular and many girls fell for him. He has this flirty personality so I can never really tell if he feels the same way, even though I really hope he does.

He cares so much for me and I know it. I remember in sixth grade a kid shoved me to the floor and I scraped my knee on the floor, he ran up to me and wiped away the blood with his sleeve and took the napkins from his lunchbox and put it over with some crafting tape. He walked me to the nurse and stayed the whole time.

Our friends always shipped us but, when it came to the serious question we both always denied. Him before me. It always felt like a rejection to me. Nevertheless, he never ignores my texts or misses school for that fact.

I hope he's okay.