Chapters 10 - 14

Chapter 10

So, the next week or two I spent making a whole bunch more cootie catchers and things like that. Just one problem. The crazy stuff that happened during Spring Break kept coming back to haunt me.

Noticing a theme here?

I kept seeing a white figure out of the corner of my eye, and feeling someone tapping my shoulder or calling my name. But no one was there...

'I'm literally going insane...' I thought, walking through the halls of my school. I had forgotten my binder somewhere during lunch, and I was trying to find it, but seeing as I had already missed the bell I was taking my sweet time.

"I feel like whoever keeps tapping my shoulder just wants to be my friend..." I muttered to myself, my footsteps echoing. I wasn't sure why, I just felt like it was true.

And that's when I heard a voice in my head. One that definitely wasn't my own.

"Hi!" It said cheerfully.

...What?!?!

My eyes widened in confusion, and yet at the same time I was kind of expecting it to happen somehow. Perhaps it was because I felt like whoever it was wasn't an enemy. Or maybe I'm just used to stuff like this.

Once again I can't always remember exactly what people say, but I muttered something like "Are you the one who keeps tapping my shoulder?"

"Yep, that's me!"

It reminded me of talking to Ice and the other spirits/imaginary friends, but a lot more real.

'Did I... create her?' I thought

"Susannah, I think you created me!"

'Oh, so that's how it works!' I thought to myself, noticing that when I realize stuff it makes her realize stuff too.

I mean, it makes sense that she wouldn't know anything I don't, I did create her after all.

But, you know how sometimes you're dreaming and you realize stuff you hadn't realized before? Maybe that's how it works when they talk, it's like there's a little part of your mind working that you're not aware of.

I guess you could compare it to breathing, you don't even notice that you're brain is working to make you inhale and exhale, because it's happening in a different part of your brain.

I started to wonder about what else I could create, and that's when she pointed out something. Or rather, we discovered something at the same time and she said it.

"Maybe you weren't supposed to discover something amazing, you were supposed to create it!"

She... she was right!

This... changed everything! I felt almost relieved, knowing that any research I did from now on might be more believable.

"Damn, I should get to class..." I said, finally finding my binder. I looked over, but she was gone again. I shrugged and walked to class, entering quietly, and somehow my teacher didn't notice.

Maybe all that research I did in elementary school wasn't so stupid after all.

Chapter 11

I started to post even more about my backstory, and all the crazy stuff that was happening, and kinda just what it was like to be living with these people!

It was amazing, everyone really believed me! I made a post explaining this dimension I'd discovered, and I described it as a blur between imagination and reality. I called the Blurred Realm!