Stay - Let them know

**Picks up from where first chapter ended**

"Serkan", Piril called out, as she saw Serkan exiting the yellow doorway.

Eda and Serkan were headed towards the exit, when they heard Piril call out his name from behind. They turned around to find her in the cafeteria along with Engin, Selin and Ferit, probably discussing about their upcoming marriage.

Eda loosened her grip on his hand and began to pull away. But, Serkan tightened his fingers around her hand and said, "Where are you going? C'mon you are coming with me."

Eda wanted to protest but chose against it. They entered the cafeteria hand in hand. On seeing Serkan and Eda holding hands, Engin asked with a smile, "Abi, going somewhere?"

"Evet, Engin. We are going for a walk." Serkan said returning the smile.

"But you do know, right? That we have a meeting with Zeynab hanim?" Piril reminded, her eyes fixated on their interwined hands.

"Evet, I remember it very well that Zeynab hanim is coming over here to offer us the renovation project of the university she owns back in Ankara" Serkan replied.

"And she will be here, in next 20 minutes. Will you be able to make it back by then?" Piril asked, before adding, "You know after your walk?"

Serkan smiled, not missing out her emphasis on the last word, "I think I would miss out on the meeting, Piril. And, I am sure that you alongside Engin would handle it just fine. I trust you both and you have my full faith, we guys have been friends for so long and not forget you both are partners too, of this firm." He said coolly.

Those words dropped like bomb out of his mouth, leaving Selin, Piril and Engin completely stunned. Eda squeezed his fingers and when he turned towards her, she beamed at him, throwing heart eyes. Serkan let out a silent chuckle at the sight.

"I don't think I have ever seen or heard about this Serkan. Who prioritises the woman of his life over work." Ferit said with a genuine smile.

"Well what can I say? I never had this woman in my life before." Serkan said, smiling ear to ear.

These words and their ongoing conversation, each felt like painful stabs to Selin. She had never known Serkan prioritising anyone or her over his work, not even once when they were dating. Her stomach twisted and turned, as anger and hatred boiled inside her.

Eda could quiet literally feel Selin shooting daggers at them and, she wondered to herself that how were they not wincing in pain. What was wrong with this woman? She thought. What's the deal with her? Isn't she getting married in a week. Back in the conference room too when she announced their marriage, she was staring expectantly at Serkan as if he would or, rather say she wanted him to stop her from getting married.

"By the way, Ferit. Congratulations on getting married. You know back then, when you announced it to me and Eda-", Serkan hesitated a bit, before continuing, "Well we were actually in the middle of something and we couldn't congratulate you in likewise." He offered his free hand and Ferit shook it immediately.

"Thanks, Serkan. By the way when are you both planning to get married?" Ferit asked after letting of Serkan's hand and glanced between him and Eda.