Chapter 2- Meeting the Mysterious Benny

(A/N: Hey Guys! Thanks for reading Kory! in the first chapter the person on your right was Astrid-Berges Frisbey who plays Kory, on your right in this chapter is Brandi Carlile who plays Benny, if you've never heard her music, do so! she is amazing! The song on the last chapter was The Cave by Mumford and Sons, and in this chapter it is People are Strange by The Doors. Anyway, Thank you so much for reading! comment, vote or fan! And enjoy chpt 2, )

Chapter 2- Meeting the Mysterious Benny

Kory heard the screams of thousands of fans, and in her hand she had a black dynamic mic. Bringing the microphone up to her lips, she began singing, but as the song grew closer to its end, the fans began disappearing. One by one, until they were all gone, and this time when Kory looked down at her hand she was no longer holding a mic. She was holding a white rose. The simple flower scared Kory, and the thorns pricked her, causing her hand to bleed…

Kory woke up from the abrupt shakes. A woman in her late fifties scowled down at her.

“If you’re not going to buy anything honey, you can’t stay here. You’re taking up space” Kory had walked into the small coffee shop earlier that morning, in hopes of getting some shut eye, but the nightmare had managed to scare her and she was now having second thoughts on being out on her own.

“I’m terribly sorry, ma’am.” Kory apologized, picked up her stuff and left.

Kory had very little money on her. So every penny counted and even though she wanted to head up North, which was where she had heard of many people being discovered, and although she knew it was faster to take the bus, she opted to take the subway instead. There was rarely any vigilance in the subterranean railway, and this way Kory could catch a train and avoid paying a ticket fare.

Finding the entrance to the railway quickly, she made her way down to the boarding area, making sure to look at the maps, and time schedules, the last thing she needed was to get lost. She stared at the map for a good 10 minutes, trying to figure out where the heck she was and where she was going.

“Are you lost?” The voice was sweet yet it made Kory jump. She turned around and looked up at the warmest golden brown eyes she had ever seen, the color of honey.

“Hun?” The girl asked again.

“Oh, what? No, I’m just trying to find my way.” The girl chuckled and covered her mouth when she did.

“My point exactly.” She said “Where are you trying to go?” She asked pushing a strand of her own curly hair behind her ear. Kory hesitated in telling the girl where she was going, but never the less she pointed to section on the map

“There” she said.

“Hmm, I’m going there… I’ll show you which train to get on and where to get off. I’m Benny by the way” she extended her arm out to Kory, and she shook her hand.

“I’m Kory.” She whispered

“Kory? That’s a unique strange name, never heard it before”

“Benny sounds like a boy’s name.” Kory admitted. Benny let out a chuckle and once again covered her mouth when doing so.

“You think so?” She continued to laugh.

“Is it short for something?” Kory asked

“What? My name? I don’t know, maybe, maybe not.” Benny smirked. Kory frowned and looked away.

“Do you play?” Kory looked at Benny who pointed at the guitar on her back “The guitar? Do you play?” she asked again.

“Yea, somewhat.” Kory replied, feeling uneasy as Benny’s eyes observed Kory as a whole, luggage included.

“Are you running away?” Benny whispered. Kory’s jaw fell open and her hazel eyes starred straight into Benny.

“It’s NOT your concern” Kory said.

“It may not be, but I should warn you that girls like you, who are running away, tend to get in trouble a lot on the streets, and you’re being very obvious that you’re on the run.” Benny said hovering over Kory so that she spoke right in her ear. Benny was at least three or four inches taller than her, and with such proximity, Kory felt a bit intimidated by her height.

“So what do you suggest?” Kory said not really looking up at Benny.

“Do you have a place to stay?” This time Benny’s voice wasn’t cocky, instead her tone and expression had turned serious.

“N-not really.” Kory stuttered.

There was a long whistle and a train approached them. Benny pulled Kory from her jacket sleeve onto the train and sat them down. Kory sat by the window while Benny took the corridor seat. She then ripped out a ‘No Smoking’ sign hanging on the walls of the train and turned it to the blank side where she quickly wrote a couple things down. Kory snuck a couple glances at Benny here and there, but mainly kept her eyes on the people who got on and off at every stop. Twenty minutes later, Benny tapped Kory’s knee, telling her to follow her. They got off the train and Benny pulled Kory to an isolated corner. She pulled her chin up so she was starring right at her.

“Take this and this” she said handing Kory some money and the ripped sign she was writing on earlier “Find the address on there, it’s not far from here. When you find it, ask for Andrew, tell him Benny sent you and that you need a place to stay. He owns a loft, and he takes kids from the street like you and I-I-I think that’s where you should go.” Benny said slurring the end of the sentence.

“You’re on the run too?” Kory asked innocently. Benny looked down at Kory and avoided her question by continuing.

“Find the place; he’ll take you in, give him the money. Tell him you’ll make more money later, I’ll come by in a couple days, maybe weeks. Find a job, and whatever you do, don’t make Andrew mad.” Benny sighed and held her hand.

“There are lots of bad people out here Kory, stay alert and don’t trust anybody. Get to this place as soon as possible, get lots of rest, and I’ll see you around” Benny gave her a small smile, a wink and let go of her hand.

“Wait!” Kory pulled her back “Where are you going? Why are you helping me?” Benny smirked, shrugged and just as abruptly as she had first started speaking to her, the mysterious Benny turned around and walked on. Kory watched her walk away until she disappeared into the crowd, she then looked down at the address written on the back of the ‘No Smoking’ sign that Benny had given her. She didn’t like the idea of trusting strangers with her safety, but she had no choice. Kory looked down once more at the address and then she too walked on.