Candy

Candy

Addison's office is always fully stocked.

"Mm, I'm getting candy craving, I'll be back," says Meredith to her friends.

"Ooh, get me some," says Izzie.

"Me too," says George.

"Me three," says Alex.

"Alright, fine," Meredith rolls her eyes playfully as she scampers away.

The blonde heads over to the OB-GYN wing where she knows that Dr. Montgomery always has a full jar of candy at the front of her desk.

"Dr. Grey, what can I do for you?" Addison asks her in a chipper mood.

"Oh, just picking up some sweets for my friends. How is your day going?" Meredith asks her.

"Not too bad, just finishing up some paperwork," says Addison. "Alright, one apiece for each of your friends, I have patients' parents to feed with those," Addison says pointedly as she eyes Meredith taking big handfuls.

"Alright..." Meredith sighs, as she puts the rest back in the jar. "You know I'll just have to come by later then, right?" Meredith says exasperatedly.

"At least you'll be getting some exercise," Addison quips, as she motions for Meredith to shut the door for her behind her.

Three hours later, Meredith is finished eating her mini chocolate bar, and heads back to Addison's office for another pick-me-up.

"Dr. Grey," Addison says, still cheerfully as she welcomes the blonde into her office.

"I just can't get enough of these things," says Meredith, as she picks out a mini-pack of jelly babies.

"Ah yes, those seem to be a clear favorite," says Addison as she smiles at Meredith dutifully only taking one piece of candy this time.

The process continues for over a week, in which Meredith fetches candy for the interns, and Addison always seems to have a new variety set out for her.

That is, until Cristina says that she can do the walk over this time, because she's suspicious that Meredith isn't picking out her favorites for her on purpose.

"It's always different Cristina, it's not like she has a schedule or something," says Meredith as she insists that she can go over again.

"Alright, fine, but I don't like licorice sticks, alright?" Cristina says as she watches her friend scamper away again.

"Dr. Grey, back again I see," Addison teases lightly, as she looks up from her paperwork.

Meredith blushes a little before she nods at Addison, and then she fumbles a bit because there's no jar of candy on Addison's desk anymore, so she's not really sure what to do anymore.

"I had to stop buying sweets for my office, I kept eating them all day, and it's not good for my teeth," Addison laughs.

"Ha- probably for the best for all of us," says Meredith, wavering a little because she's come to enjoy these little visits, and now that Addison won't have candy anymore, she won't have an excuse to come up here anymore.

"What am I gonna tell Cristina," Meredith blurts out, and then facepalms because she realizes that's not Addison's problem, and she really isn't entitled to any of the candy she'd been mooching off of Addison all of these days.

"Well, I have only one candy left, but I'm not sure that she'll like it," says Addison, as she hands her a pack of licorice sticks.

"Oof, Cristina told me she doesn't want those," Meredith blurts out, and she blushes again because she's not supposed to insult the free candy.