The Reckoning: Ch. 30

(After Derek changed fully, Tori and Chloe go snooping and find some emails between Andrew and Simon&Derek's Dad)

The house was surprisingly big. I walked through it slowly, avoiding the rooms where i could hear sound from within them.

I wandered to the kitchen and found Andrew. He smiled when he saw me.

"Derek!"

I grunted.

"Food will be ready soon, think you can wait that long?" He asked with a grin.

Trying not to roll my eyes in irritation, i gave him a nod before walking away. I so wasn't in the mood for this.

I passed about 6 doors, glancing in each one. To my left, a pair of double doors lead to the Library. I sneezed as dust filled my nostrils.

Grabbing a random book of the shelf, i opened it and glanced at a random line.

""Cute. I think I would prefer to be stabbed in the eye rather than be called cute.""

I smothered a laugh. Now why did that sound like Chloe?

""She had wailed loudly enough to wake the dead and make them call the cops.""

What the hell even was this book?

I was absently flicking pages, my mind on something else. What are we even going to do? How do we get out of this? Was it even worth it?

My mind brough the image of Chloe's face forward. Her blue eyes shining and lips parted as she grew irritated with me. In my memory, I wanted to reach out and brush the piece of hair out of her face.

I inhaled and faintly caught her scent.

"Found you." She said on a sigh.

I turned to her and the sight of her so much better than the memory in my head. I felt my lips curl as i imagined walking up to her and taking her hand, pulling her closer-

"I-is Simon around?"

Oh. Disappointment punched me in the stomach. So she wouldn't see it, i turned back to the shelf and placed the book back on it.

"He's upstairs. He's really pissed about Andrew so that's probably the safest place for him until we're ready to go, or he'll say something to him we don't want said. You need him?"

Please say no.

"Actually, m-maybe i should show you first."

What? I glanced over at her, unconsciously frowning.

I shoved all of my feelings for Chloe into the far corner of my mind and concentrated on the problem at hand. I nodded at her, and followed her out of the room.

***

I smelled Tori up ahead and, sure enough, we walked directly into the room where she was swirling on a chair.

"There are more," she said. "He sent one every couple of weeks. The last one was only a few days ago."

I glanced at Chloe, hoping for an explanation.

"Good, would you keep an eye on Andrew?" Chloe asked.

Tori nodded and took off.

Taking the initiative, i started forward to take the chair Tori had just vacated. I felt a small tug and turned back to find that Chloe had grabbed a hold of my sleeve.