Ch 2. A New Beginning

I was dead. I just knew I was. But still. I woke up.

When I woke up I was in sitting in the corner of a small room. In the middle of the room stood a metal table. I didn't know how I got here. As I tried to remember what happened, I remembered a stinging pain in my chest and two purple eyes staring in mine. How was I here? How was I still alive? I looked down and I almost screamed. The body I saw wasn't the body I thought I would see. Instead of my blue jeans, I saw legs covered in white fur. I looked at my hands and they two where covered in white fur and had short, sharp, silver claws. I looked down again so I could see my feet. I had paw-like feet with three toes and the same claws as I had on my hands. As I started to investigate the rest of my body, I saw that I was completely covered in white fur. Except for my belly, which was covered in a light brown coloured fur. What happened to me? My thoughts where interrupted by a muffled sob on the other side of the wall. I wanted to ask who it was, but I remembered what happened last time I did that. So I kept quiet. I quietly stood up and started to look around. The room looked like some sort of workplace. In the corner opposite of the one where I was sitting, was another animal-like figure. From the place I was standing, it appeared to be a fox with white, orange and purple. I shivered at the creepy sight and took a step back.

CLANG!

As I took a step back, I bumped into a metal pole that was standing against the wall and it fell on the ground.

"Who is there!" A voice said.

I kept quiet and hoped that whoever was on the other side of the wall, wouldn't come in. But it didn't work. The door opened, and a figure came in. My breath stopped. In the doorway stood the very same rabid that had attacked me. He looked straight at me.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" I yelled as I pressed myself back against the wall.

"Hey! Just calm down and answer me." He said and I could see that he was shocked and confused by my reaction.

He carefully took a step in my direction.

"STAY AWAY!" I yelled as I tried to press myself even closer against the wall.

He stood still and stared at me with a thoughtful look.

"Why are you so scared of me? I didn't even do anything." He said, taking another step closer.

"DIDN'T DO ANYTHING!" I yelled, getting angry. "YOU FUCKING STABBED ME OVER TEN TIMES!"

His expression changed from confused to..... sad? As he looked away.

"I'm sorry" He spoke so soft that I could barely hear him.

"Your sorry?!" I said. I started to panic. "You stabbed me in my chest and all you can say is ''I'm sorry''?"

He said nothing. He just stared at the ground with hanging ears.

"Well?" I said, sounding a lot braver than I actually felt.

Silence.

"Just get me out of here" I said.

"I can't" He spoke in the same soft voice.

"What do you mean "you can't"? Just get me out of this suit and let me go!"

"Your body is not in the suit, only your soul" He said, finally looking at me.

"What do you mean with that?" I asked confused.

"You're dead" He said, now looking me directly in the eyes.

Those two words echoed through my head as I tried to process them.

"You where killed, but not by me" He said.

"But I saw you kill me" I replied.

"Just hear me out" The way he looked at me when he said that, seemed almost desperate.

I shut my mouth and sat down on a cabinet that was standing next to me.

He sighed and started talking.

"The suit that you are in, is only possessed by you. But with me it is different. I used to be the only one in this suit, until my creator died inside of me. I was made to be a robot and a suit at the same time. I would perform on a stage in robot mode, and if I had to walk between the kids, there would be a person inside me. One day my creator found a way to make a soul for me and my partner, and he brought us to life. Everything went well. Until the Bite of 83 happened. My partner Fredbear bit a child in the head. The kid died short after that. But that was not just any kid, it was the son of our creator. He went mad and suit up in me to lure some children to the backroom and....... he just killed them. All I could do was watch. One day the springlocks that held back my endoskeleton failed, and killed him. Ever since that day, I have my own soul but also his. Whenever I get realy angry, he takes over control. So please don't blame me. I couldn't do anything to hold him back. He killed you, not me."

When he was done speaking, I could only stare at him. It would have been hard to believe if someone would have told me yesterday. But since what happened to me......

"I understand if you think that I'm lying my ass off. Believe me, you wouldn't be the only one here. But ju-"

"Are we not the only ones here?" I interrupted him.

"no" He replied. "There are 24 of us, counting you."

"REALY?!" I yelled in shock. "Are they all dead children?!"

"No, only 10 of us are possessed by dead children. And 9 of them where killed by William Afton and they all blame me for it." He said in a bitter tone. "Everyone except Gold hates me."

"Who is Gold?" I asked.

"After the Bite Fredbear was removed from the pizzeria and replaced with Golden Freddy. He has the soul of the bitten kid, but he doesn't remember anything. Probably because of the brain damage." He explained.

An awkward silence fell between us, until he decided to break it.

"My name is Springtrap by the way. What's yours?" He suddenly sounded very friendly.

"Lybra" I answered.

"Nice name" he said. "You should probably meet the others."

Even tho I didn't die the way I wanted to die. I was happy. I finally had gotten rid of my old life, but I didn't disappear from the world. William Afton had given me a new life.........

A second chance.