Chapter 8

**currently editing**
     It's a few weeks after the big waffle incident. I'm walking home with Chase by my side.

     "Nerd girl, you have to stop letting your little sister get to you."
     "It's hard. Everyone says she's just a little kid. In my opinion, she's just a little pain in the butt."
     "She may be, but you have to try to get along with her, or at least pretend to."
      "I do!" I yell. "she's just too impossible!" He shrugs. I sigh, exasperated.
     "Nevermind." we near my driveway.
"I should be going home." he says.
"Okay, see you later." I say. He smiles and tugs his vizor of his Green Lantern hat down a little as he walks away. I turn and go inside, pulling out my keys to unlock the door. I step into the warm, empty house. My stepdad is still teaching and my mom works until 5. My dear, little pain in the rear-sister comes home in an hour. I get a bowl of pretzels and head to my room to start a big project for science.
***
Right in the middle of me having to connect to coppers wires to conduct the energy needed for my project when I see the bus out of a tiny window on the left wall. I get up and go downstairs. I look out the window as the bus drives away and Lily starts walking up the driveway. I sigh and sit down on the couch. It seems to take her a while to come in. I get up and look out the window. Wait a minute. Lily... isn't there. She isn't coming up the driveway. She isn't on the sidewalk. And she isn't by the door. Lily is gone.

========================
I'm sorry I haven't updated this story in a while, I've had school, and other stories I've been working on. Thank you so much to those who have read this story so far, every read means so much to me thank you all! If you want please check out my other books! This next chapter... well, it will be BIG.
Thanks again!
-Jr.